Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Asi505
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

I have a camera at the front of my property, pointed at my gate, which I have set with a schedule where at night, I receive smart notifications (and recordings) for any people movement only.  This works really well. 

During the day, I would like to set this to record people only but not have any active notifications at all as I receive too many. When I have tried to set the daytime mode to have no notifications, it records all movements (vehicle, animal, people, other) which is a real drain on the battery.

Is there any way that this setup can be achieved?

4 REPLIES 4
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

Changing the notification setting in the mode should not affect any of the smart filters

If you want to do it during the day you might have to set it up for schedules which means you would need a custom mode with notifications off

Then again you could just toggle off the notifications on your phone during the day

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
Asi505
Aspirant
Aspirant
Yes, that’s right, I have 2 custom modes - one for Day and one for Night. I have smart notifications set to People on that camera. During the night mode, this works fine. During the day mode, as I have left the rule to have no notifications, it ignores the smart notifications setting and records all motions.

Having to turn on and off notifications on my phone every morning and night is a bit of pain!
trickytcamgeek
Luminary
Luminary

IPhones have two modes which might help you that can automatically turned on and off according to the time.  The modes are “do not disturb“ and “bedtime” mode.

How to Enable iOS 12's New Do Not Disturb at Bedtime Feature

1. Open up the Settings app.
  2. Scroll to the "Do Not Disturb" section and tap on it.
  3. In the Do Not Disturb section, tap on "Scheduled" to toggle it on.
  4. Select your Do Not Disturb time period, which, for most people, should be from when you go to bed until when you typically wake up.
  5. Tap on Bedtime Mode to toggle it on.

With Bedtime Mode enabled, when you activate the display on your device, the entire screen is dimmed and black, offering up only the time, the current device charge, and a notice that Bedtime Mode is turned on.

Asi505
Aspirant
Aspirant
Unfortunately that turns off all notifications, not just Arlo during the day (when I need all my other notifications the most).
Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation