Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Can I turn off notification feature?

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
michaelxye
Follower
Follower

I have four Arlo cameras around the house and Arlo monitoring software on my phone and my wife's phone. The software send notifications whenever the cameras detect an activity. My wife does not want to received notifications all the time. It seems that I can only turn off the notification feature for all phones and only for 24hrs.

My questions are (1) can we simply turn off the notification feature and turn it back when we need it (e.g., when we are out of town on vacation) and (2) can I turn the feature off on one device (e.g., my wife's phone) and keep the feature on on another device (e.g., my phone)?

Best answers
  • StephenB
    Guru
    Guru

@michaelxye wrote:

(1) can we simply turn off the notification feature and turn it back when we need it (e.g., when we are out of town on vacation) 

Yes (assuming you are wanting to turn off all motion notifications).

You set up a custom mode for the system, and make sure the rules for each camera don't include the notification action.  You can enable that mode manually, on a schedule, and/or with geofencing.  https://kb.arlo.com/42/What-are-modes-and-rules-and-how-does-Arlo-use-them

@michaelxye wrote:

(2) can I turn the feature off on one device (e.g., my wife's phone) and keep the feature on on another device (e.g., my phone)?

You could switch to email notifications (again in the rules), which would solve the problem on your wife's phone.

Though she should also be able to turn off Arlo notifications in the phone settings - which I think is a better path.

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@michaelxye wrote:

(1) can we simply turn off the notification feature and turn it back when we need it (e.g., when we are out of town on vacation) 

Yes (assuming you are wanting to turn off all motion notifications).

You set up a custom mode for the system, and make sure the rules for each camera don't include the notification action.  You can enable that mode manually, on a schedule, and/or with geofencing.  https://kb.arlo.com/42/What-are-modes-and-rules-and-how-does-Arlo-use-them

@michaelxye wrote:

(2) can I turn the feature off on one device (e.g., my wife's phone) and keep the feature on on another device (e.g., my phone)?

You could switch to email notifications (again in the rules), which would solve the problem on your wife's phone.

Though she should also be able to turn off Arlo notifications in the phone settings - which I think is a better path.

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation