Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation
piendelb
Tutor
Tutor

I have a CVR plan on two Arlo Ultra 2 cameras and they have been routinely missing large chunks of recordings at random times. Has anyone experienced this issue and received a fix from Arlo? The only way I can get it to record is to restart the base stations. Please refrain from the "... have you tried..." solutions. I assure you... the cameras are plugged in. I am looking for a definitive fix. 

Thank you all for the help. 

Troubleshooting:

Restart Base Station - Fixes the issue for a time and then it repeats

Network Strength - My home network is strong and all hardware is connected properly

Updates - I've tried all available updates

Power Supply - Cameras are powered at all times

Snag_18e761f6.pngSnag_18e77a7f.pngSnag_18e78b38.png

7 REPLIES 7
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Please reach out to the Support Team to further investigate this issue you are experiencing. You can find several options for contacting support though the Arlo Mobile App by navigating to Settings/System/Support.

Jcapache41
Apprentice
Apprentice

I am having the same issues and am getting sick and tired of it. it’s not my router either absolute waste of money 

sly7449
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am having the same issue.  Began Missing CVR on Feb 2 2023 and continues.  Works fine somewhat for a few days then other days just goes blank.  Feed works O.K.  only the CVR is affected. 

piendelb
Tutor
Tutor

They keep trying to blame the network connection and the newest excuse is that my cameras "are not connected to an AC power source". I uploaded a screenshot proving they are always powered on. I will report back as soon as I get a fix.

Sorry to hear others are dealing with this. It's beyond frustrating for a paid service. 

sly7449
Aspirant
Aspirant

Restarting the SnartHub will allow CVR to work but that only last for a day.  At Midnight, CVR would stop.  As of now, I would have to Restart The SmartHub at Midnight or soon after to get the CVR to function.  Base Station Hardware VMB5000r4,  Version 4.2.0_4  Released Mar 3 2023.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

The Arlo development team is currently investigating this issue. We will provide an update as soon as we have more information to share with the community.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

HI,

Are you still experiencing this issue?

Thank you 

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 4 In Conversation