Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Arlo Ultra 2 Cameras - Base station 5000

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Cornell464
Follower
Follower

I am using an Orbi router with  2-networks (1) home network, (2) guest network.  I would like to setup my Arlo ultra 2 camera system on the guest network.  I have renamed the guest network and also applied a new password.

Now I just need the steps in sequential order to move my cameras from the home network to the guest network.

Any advice would be appreciated!

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Cornell464 wrote:

I am using an Orbi router with  2-networks (1) home network, (2) guest network.  I would like to setup my Arlo ultra 2 camera system on the guest network. 

The ultras don't use your wifi at all, they connect directly to your VMB5000 - which connects to your Orbi via ethernet.  So this can't be done.

Can you let us know your intent?

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Cornell464 wrote:

I am using an Orbi router with  2-networks (1) home network, (2) guest network.  I would like to setup my Arlo ultra 2 camera system on the guest network. 

The ultras don't use your wifi at all, they connect directly to your VMB5000 - which connects to your Orbi via ethernet.  So this can't be done.

Can you let us know your intent?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Since the Ultras use a hub, they're not connected to your WiFi in the first place. The hub uses the Ethernet cable to access the Internet so no WiFi to your home network is needed.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation