Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Another new infuriating issue - dysfunctional modes

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Stevewins
Apprentice
Apprentice
  • Modes no longer work anymore on my VMB5000 as of the last week or so. All the cameras record and notify all the time regardless of what mode the system is in and regardless of what settings that mode has in effect. I have to manually disable all the inside cameras one by one now to avoid recording and notifying when anyone is home, and re-enable one by one when leaving vs using geofencing and home/away modes. Essentially, modes are now completely dysfunctional and useless which makes the whole system far more trouble than it’s worth and predominantly useless for me.

The incompetence of this IT team is unbelievable! One issue after another ad infinitum

ShayneS

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Modes on my 5000 are working fine so it would seem to be a local issue. Have you rebooted the hub? Have you tried new custom modes (assuming you have the old UI that uses Library to view videos) to see if that makes a difference?

Stevewins
Apprentice
Apprentice

Mine were working fine too, until suddenly they weren’t. I’ve rebooted the hub, made a brand new mode which had the same result ie no effect, made sure the firmware is up to date. This occurred right after I agreed to try out a test version of the firmware fix for the local storage defect. Immediately the modes stopped working and the local storage was no longer even a selection in the library, all I had was cloud storage. The test version was so flawed that it rendered my system virtually useless so I requested they roll it back to the previous version with the local storage corruption issue. Unfortunately that didn’t fix the broken mode function, and of course my local storage device got corrupted on day one. So now I have the new firmware released this week in the US, but the modes are still broken even after multiple reboots and a few messages to ShayneS and to Matthew McRae. 

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation