Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Ai is inaccurate, poor battery life, intermittent motion detection, etc.

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
DDDD23
Follower
Follower

Wanted to share that Arlo systems really suck in general. The AI REALLY REALLY REALLY sucks and is wrong 80% of the time. If you are considering getting ARLO - RUN AWAY AS FAST AS YOU CAN. The battery life SUCKS. The base stations broadcast ARLO so your neighbors know how crappy your system is and that is doesn't detect motion half of the time. The base stations go offline frequently. The cameras lose connection constantly. Images are crappy to pur garbage. The system SUCKS and is unsafe. It can't detect people unless they are three feet from a camera IF you're camera battery isn't low AGAIN. It detects vehicles about 50% of the time. It take so long to connect remotely that we can't catch any before they have come and gone. If you want this system to feel safe and secure SHOP ELSEWHERE. It is extremely unreliable garbage.

2 REPLIES 2
Edinburgh_lad1
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

The system does have its shortcomings (very frustrating ones), but my experience is different from yours. In fact, one of the things it does is it identifies people, cars and animals from 20 yards away, so clearly there's something wrong with your setup. If you elaborate, the regulars on here will try to help.

Station-36
Initiate
Initiate

The issues raised in the original customer issue sound far too common and too consistent among a great many Arlo customers to be down to an individuals personal setup. I too have had the same issues consistently with 6x Arlo Ultra 2 cameras and 2x base stations. All devices suffer the same issues. However I recently purchased 2x Eufy S340’s and a HomeBase 3 and I was blown away by how well they perform. Clear signal. Great battery. Fast connection, Great AI. Just a whole other level. Arlo is clearly a sub-standard system (while also being very pricy).

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation