Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
PGalore
Luminary
Luminary

One of the new Arlo 2 cameras all of a sudden started recording a 5-min clip every time motion is detected or when I live stream.    No wind, no movement.

Is this a known issue that others are also experiencing?  I think this strange behavior started after I unplugged the base station.   I don't want to delete cameras and sync the again because the cameras are not easily accessible..

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

As the sun's angle changes, the reflected IR can cause this. Many of us use different settings for times when this can occur, specifically reducing motion sensitivity while still getting the videos that are needed. Testing is required to figure out a suitable setting.

Also, is the 5 minute recording something that is not set in the camera's rule? That is, are you using "record until motion stops" or a timed setting?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

One easy thing to try is restarting the camera from the app (not restarting the base).

PGalore
Luminary
Luminary

It wasn't due to the sun's angle or trees or any movement and behaved the same way after dark as well.

Also, the camera was fine up until a day ago.  Recording length is set to the duration of the movement. 

PGalore
Luminary
Luminary

I turned on and off the camera, and disarmed all cameras connected to this base station. I even changed the recording time to 10s and then back to the duration of the movement. Nothing fixed the issue.

I unplugged and plugged back in the base station, which stopped recording a long clip every time it detected motion, but when I streamed live, it still triggered the recording.

But overnight it was fixed somehow and back to normal again.  I can live view without triggering recording and it doesn't record 5-min clips anymore.   One of those glitches it seems.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation