Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
DawnM
Arlo Employee Retired

Update as if 9/8/18 7:17PM PT:

We are aware of a reported issue for some customers where motion may not have triggered recordings during a short period of time between 4PM and 6:30PM PST. Arlo services are now fully restored, and any new motion trigger events and recordings should be working as expected. Our technical teams continue to work diligently to ensure services remain available. Thank you for your patience and we apologize for any inconvenience.

Original post:

We are aware that some Arlo users are experiencing issues with motion recordings and push notifications at this time. This is not affecting all customers, but in some cases, motion detection recording is not being triggered as expected. Our team is investigating and we will provide an update as soon as possible. Please visit https://status.arlo.com for the most current Arlo system status.

Arlo Community Team

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DawnM
Arlo Employee Retired

Update: We are aware of a reported issue for some customers where motion may not have triggered recordings during a short period of time between 4PM and 6:30PM PST. Arlo services are now fully restored, and any new motion trigger events and recordings should be working as expected. Our technical teams continue to work diligently to ensure services remain available. Thank you for your patience and we apologize for any inconvenience.

Please let us know if you are still experiencing issues related to motion event recordings by posting here or contacting support for further assistance.

View solution in original post

36 REPLIES 36
Chingy
Aspirant
Aspirant

After two years off a few issues every now and then my system now will not record when motion detected. The cameras all work, the motion man in black, cameras record manually. I have an excellent internet connection, have reset base station still no change. Please advice is there a national system issue? Thanx

dhiller0217
Apprentice
Apprentice

Having this same exact issue (among tons of other app issues), as of about 5:30 U.S. central time today.  Motion is being detected, nothing is recording, no notifications.  I could probably open up about 10 different issues I'm currently having to be honest.

-DB
Aspirant
Aspirant

One of my cameras is not detecting motion.

Chingy
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for your prompt response, from your comments I envisage their is a issue with Arlo Servers World Wide then rather than my individual system. If so do we know if Arlo are aware and working on the problem. Thanx

jamesglewisf
Apprentice
Apprentice

Mine aren't recording. They are detecting motion, but not recording. I have Arlo Pro 2 and Arlo Q.

waynebaron
Luminary
Luminary

Both cameras failed sometime today.  I get push notification that motion is detected, and the motion detection test functions work fine, but there are no recordings. 

I'm resetting the base station, but really, at this point, I just want to know how to get a refund.

jamesglewisf
Apprentice
Apprentice

Mine is detecting and notifying, but not recording.

waynebaron
Luminary
Luminary

Now I see a notification at the top of the forum saying saying that there is an outage with motion detected recordings.

Making the cameras expensive paper weights.

waynebaron
Luminary
Luminary

"We are experiencing a partial outage affecting motion detection recordings "

Can I get a partial refund?

Dbartz
Aspirant
Aspirant
My 3 Arlo cameras aren’t recoding to the library.... any luck with this??
jamesglewisf
Apprentice
Apprentice

It recorded 3 videos on 1 camera, and then nothing again.

RRRoss
Tutor
Tutor
My cameras aren't working either.. I'm only getting alerts on 1 of 4 cameras and notifications are taking forever. I'm also not receiving the video recordings.
Eyesabove
Aspirant
Aspirant
Recently purchased the Arlo Pro 2 system 3 days ago, working fine until today. The cameras stop sensing motion nor record when motion is present.

Anyone has a fix for this?
s57259
Aspirant
Aspirant

so what is this garbage about "partial outage affecting motion detection recordings" any body got an answere??

b1o3o
Apprentice
Apprentice

I’m getting delayed notification but no recording. Then it just stopped detecting motion completely.

b1o3o
Apprentice
Apprentice
There’s currently an outage affecting motion detection. But if you can still retrun your Arlo, I suggest you do. This device is too glitchy.
s57259
Aspirant
Aspirant

Given what we paid for 2 - Arlo Pro 2 systems, extra camera's, etc.....one would think we would get a more dependable system.  Ready to junk these and purchase something else.  There is no room for error when people are depending on this system for security.

DawnM
Arlo Employee Retired

Motion detection recordings should be working again, can you guys confirm this is the case on your end?

jamesglewisf
Apprentice
Apprentice
Not sure. No one is at the office now.
DawnM
Arlo Employee Retired

Update: We are aware of a reported issue for some customers where motion may not have triggered recordings during a short period of time between 4PM and 6:30PM PST. Arlo services are now fully restored, and any new motion trigger events and recordings should be working as expected. Our technical teams continue to work diligently to ensure services remain available. Thank you for your patience and we apologize for any inconvenience.

Please let us know if you are still experiencing issues related to motion event recordings by posting here or contacting support for further assistance.

FredinLr
Aspirant
Aspirant
I was having this problem. The banner has been removed, and everything seems to be working.
bjsolheim
Aspirant
Aspirant

After a controlled power outage I am not able to access cameras. From pc and ios it says basestation is offline, on android app it says "your arlo device appears offline". All 3 lights on base station are green (middle one blinks from time to time). I have taken one camera and resynched it, and that appears just fine with rapid blue blinking indicating success. I have power cycled (also allowing router to come online before cycling arlo base station). Nothing helps. Is arlo experiencing some server problems as the cameras seem to be synched, base station reports to be online from the lights, but from any app or pc it says base station is offline. Anyone else experiencing this?

JanJansson
Aspirant
Aspirant
Is there any way of viewing a recording from the time the system was down?
This is so typical, the first time since I bought the arlo system I really need to look at a recording! It was in the middle of the night local time here in Sweden and it was someone in the garden probably preparing to break an entrance to our house. I started the alarm so they vanished but I would really like to see who it was. Was not able to get a good view of them on the live view.
I got notifications that motion was detected in my android phone from the app but did not receive any email.
Edit: I have no local USB memory installed.
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

There's a post in the Arlo Stories section here about a server issue last night.

Related Labels
Discussion stats