Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

kylewallace
Star
Star

Hello, is someone from Arlo able to provide an update on custom notification sounds for iOS? Been a few years since I asked so thought I would check again 😉

Best answers
  • ShayneS
    Arlo Moderator
    Arlo Moderator

Hey @kylewallace

Thanks for the follow-up. I will be sure to provide an announcement if this feature is released.

108 REPLIES 108
Creekernana
Star
Star

Exactly what you said!!!! Wonder if a class action suit could be brought against them for false advertising. It’s exactly what you said, a post security review! 

Creekernana
Star
Star

Class action suit?? 

kylewallace
Star
Star

@ShayneS appreciate that you will advise if the changes will be provided in an update, but are you able to advise if the development team even have this as an action item? It’s a common complaint from the Arlo iOS community that is at least 4 years old now. Fundamentally, it’s common programming to implement custom iOS notifications in a native application. 

snydeje
Star
Star

How many years do people have to ask for this feature? How many times before your company sees this as a security concern? These cameras are for security and without being able to adjust the alarm sound is a major issue. Getting a text noise at 2 am while sound asleep does nothing. This is a major issue and everyone in your community with an IPhone has been asking. Some of us who purchase your products really need this and I am one of them. 

Creekernana
Star
Star

Did you pass it on? What did they say?????

kylewallace
Star
Star

There are some changes with iOS 17 that have triggered an app

update with custom sounds. So far they are a couple of “soft”

sounds but this is a great start. Update your iOS and Arlo
Secure (after iOS) for the change. https://community.arlo.com/t5/Arlo-Secure/Ios17-notification-sound-has-changed/m-p/1935150/highlight...

snydeje
Star
Star

This is a great start. All the sounds are so quiet. We need the ability to choose a sound saved on our phone. These sounds are just little text noises. Greta start keep it up but really need to choose our own saved sound. 

DCS36
Star
Star

Great start indeed! I can hear those tones better than the default tone apple stuck us with!

Outstanding work guys! These tones are super important to us, means the difference between life & death in this world!

Vtisgreat
Aspirant
Aspirant

Now that Apple supports custom audio selection in settings for app notifications, when will Arlo support this feature in their products?

I have been waiting for this since I purchased an Arlo camera years ago. It will be useful to determine that audio is my camera and not some other app. 

I read that even though it is supported by Apple, the app needs to change to support it. 

thanks,

Sean