Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Unnecessary notification on Arlo essential

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
mihirshah042
Follower
Follower

I have 4 arlo essential cameras. Out of this, 2 cameras are constantly giving motion notifications even though there is no motion 

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Is this happening just during specific times during the day or all the time, including at night? Daytime issues are frequently caused by reflections of the sun's IR as the sun's angle in the sky changes. Repositioning the camera to avoid the street and vegetation, both of which have objects that will cause the reflections, can help as well as reducing motion sensitivity in your modes and rules. If you need higher sensitivity for other times, you could schedule multiple modes to switch as needed.

Screenshots of the cameras' views may be useful.

RegularJoe
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I've got one camera that has this problem... false notifications of motion...but it only does it if I turn on "live view".
  Mounted up on a telephone pole.
  If I turn on that camera's live view.. and let it run for a little bit... pretty soon I'll get a notification that it has detected motion... and there's nothing out there moving. I think it only sends one notice... it doesn't keep on sending them as long as the cam is running.

No false notifications when it's not viewing live...and it does it day or night. Only one of my 9 cameras does this.  I have all cameras set the same as far as how sensitive they are. I figure that it's just a fluke that isn't fixable... it really doesn't hurt anything.