Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Smart Hub Storage plans

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Pistis
Follower
Follower

I recently purchased the Arlo Ultra with four cameras. This kit gave me a subscription to the Arlo Smart Premier plan for one year. However, I wanted to extend my Arlo wireless cameras so I purchased another Smart Hub with the understanding that I would be able to link it to my account and view my recordings.

However, although I could not find anything remotely related that indicated you would not receive recordings in the library on the additional hub, even though it was in your account. This was very depressing to say the least. That Hub cost me a lot of money, just to find out that the only storage I could use was the local SD card.

It wasn't until I had problems linking the cameras with my account that a support rep told me. The reason I'm unable to view recordings from the second hub in the library was because it was not on a paid plan. Seriously deceptive. Arlo should post that the plans are per hub, not per account.

This way, people know that if they purchase an additional hub to extend their Arlo wireless signal. They will also need to purchase a storage plan before they can see any videos in their library.

1 REPLY 1
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Pistis,

There seems to be some confusion here.

The Arlo Smart Premier plan that came with your Arlo Ultra kit is an account level subscription. This means that up to 10 cameras on your account will benefit from the features of Arlo Smart regardless of how many SmartHubs are connected to your account. The recordings from those cameras will be stored in the library regardless of which SmartHub they are connected to.

Simply adding additional SmartHubs to your account won't extend the range of your existing Arlo cameras. To improve signal strength by adding an additional SmartHub, you will need to sync cameras to it and locate the SmartHub close to those cameras. Arlo cameras will only benefit from an additional hub when they are synced to it. Recordings are saved to and can be viewed from the library regardless of which SmartHub the cameras are connected to.

JamesC