Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
BearinMV
Aspirant
Aspirant

I can not get VMB440 to connect to my Arris router, SBG6950ac2. The router is a dual band wifi and I keep getting the message: 2.4Ghz network not detected. I am able to connect my 3 Pro 4 Cameras to the wireless router. What do I need to do to connect the Smart hub to the router?

3 REPLIES 3
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The hub only connects via the Ethernet cable. If you follow the onboarding directions for the hub in the app, one of the first steps is to connect power and the Ethernet cable.

BearinMV
Aspirant
Aspirant

I followed the instructions on the Arlo App.  After plugging in the ethernet cable and the power it says:  Looking for your Arlo Device.  Then after awhile is says:  No devices are found.   So I click, Need Help then click start wifi scan.  It then gives you Your Speed Test Results, in my case, download 50.8 and upload 14.4 so I try again and unplug and then plug in the ethernet cable and the power wait till the one led is blue and try again.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@BearinMV wrote:

I followed the instructions on the Arlo App. 

No matter what the troubleshooting says, the VMB4540 is only connecting to ethernet.  Your phone needs to be connected to your home wifi during onboarding (similarly if you are onboarding from a PC then the PC needs to be connected to your home network).

Try looking at the router's attached device list, and see if you can find the base station there.