Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Recording Issues

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
fraserfroz
Follower
Follower

I have 8 x Arlo Cameras , 2 x Arlo Q,s , 2 x Base Stations and a Subsription to Arlo Smart Premier Multi Camera.

I have had Recording Issues for many months now. I have consulted these forums and also called customer support, who would only provide support if I paid $99 USD , as my many thousands of dollars worth of Arlo Cameras were out of warranty?now.

I politely declined this generous offer.

Whilst the Corona Virus has been engulfing us all , I am more concerned than ever that my cameras are not working to their full potential.

The 2 Q's record sometimes.

2 of the 8  Wireless cams ditto. 

My App tells me that I have the Arlo Smart Premier Multi Camera - Single Camera for 6  ( I thought that I paid for ALL TEN) & ......

'11 of 10 camera(s) participating' !!!!!!!!!! !

Anyone out there that can assist me would be appreciated. 

I have tried everything imagineable.

Batteries are usually always full,Resets , you name it.

A 'fresh set of eyes' might hopefully work.

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

First, you didn't call official Arlo support - you Googled it. Support can be had by using the Contact Support link at the bottom here. Arlo support is free.

The lack of recording may be fixable by increasing the motion sensitivity setting in your modes and rules for each camera. While I haven't seen it, there have been reports of newer firmware apparently changing things, perhaps sensitivity. Try editing your modes and rules first. Test the bejeezus out of them.

DO you have an original (from before this year) Premier plan or is this the new version? There have been issues with the legacy plans now that new ones are out. Unfortunately, the only real fix is to unsubscribe and then purchase again. That should clear up any subscription issues.