Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

In-app Ad on start-up is dangerous

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Kliptic
Tutor
Tutor

The hardware has already been purchased. It is REALLY inappropriate for Arlo to put a sales message splash page first thing when you open the app. Every single time  What if I need to access the app quickly because I got an alert at 2 a.m.? What if someone is at the door and I need to see who it is? There are so many reasons this is a terrible idea. Their interests in selling me a subscription is pushing the functionality of this system as security even further back. Now I have to be interrupted in my quest to check on the status of my property by closing a splash page. This is really tasteless and dripping of greed.

If they simply MUST try to sell me more, how about embedding an app within the devices page instead? Or as a banner? Arlo just does NOT seem to understand why and how people are TRYING to use their products

3 REPLIES 3
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

You can try adjusting the "Keep me up to date selection" within Settings > Account Profile and security > Name/Email and make sure you have the latest version of the Arlo mobile app. 

Kliptic
Tutor
Tutor

This setting was and continues to remain unchecked. Unfortunately I continue to get a pop-up every time I login. Sometimes it then asked me to login, and then select the camera, after having originally clicked on an alert. Between the ad, login, and camera selection, the event that triggered the alarm is usually long gone. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Is it possible to provide a screenshot of the in AD message?

Thanks