Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

How to move cameras, modes, configs from old base station vmb4000r3 to new vbm4540 r3

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Halfwalker2
Follower
Follower

I have a vmb4000 with 5 cameras on the free plan.  7 days cloud storage etc.  Thanks to the EOL announcement, it looks like no more cloud storage, and access to local storage required unmounting the local flash drive, popping it into a computer and browsing the video files there.  Yuck, no way.

So I figured the best path forward was to replace the base station with a vmb4540, which allows online access to local storage.  Either vpn or pinholes through router, but at least it will be through the app.  Fine.  Just got the 4540, powered up and added to account.

But I can't find a way to move the cameras over.  I have a sneaking suspicion that each will have to be removed from the old 4000 and added to the 4540, and fully re-configured.  Same with all the damn custom modes.

Please tell me I'm wrong, and there's an easy(ish) way to transfer that I'm simply missing ...

1 REPLY 1
DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

No easy path forward.

To save you time and effort, move one camera across, test the storage functionality which is limited to the mobile app, no thumbnails, viewing by download to the phone and no friend sharing, before you return the new base if not satisfied.