Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

HomeKit Token Reset

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Ribs
Tutor
Tutor

Hi there,

Looking at various posts online already, and have attempted current troubleshooting steps and am hoping for the HomeKit Token to be reset for me as well.

The app seems to be stuck in the scanning part of HomeKit, and I’ve done the following troubleshooting steps:

- Restarted Base Station

-Reset and restarted my Wi-Fi setup

-Deleted and readded Arlo secure app

-iPhone is running latest software

Currently using the VMB4000r3 running a mixture of Arlo Pro, Pro 2, Pro 4 and Essential cameras. 

Appreciate any help.

Thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Ribs wrote:

Appreciate any help.

@JamesC said in another thread that this is a problem Arlo is still investgating.  They are recommending that you wait for an update before trying to fix it.  The issue is listed on https://status.arlo.com/

Ribs
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks for your reply. I’ve actually read that and it relates to a different model of the base station. I have the VMB4000, while the issue listed on the Status site and other replies is the VMB5000.

“Arlo DevOps team is investigating an known issue related to HomeKit for Devices with Base Station VMB5000 for Users in Non-European Countries. We apologize for the inconvenience.”

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Ribs wrote:

Thanks for your reply. I’ve actually read that and it relates to a different model of the base station. I have the VMB4000, while the issue listed on the Status site and other replies is the VMB5000.

I'm not convinced that they really know the full extent of the problem yet.

I suggest waiting until the VMB5000 issue is resolved, and then investigate further.