Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

E911 Invalid Address Error

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
FrenchieGuys
Follower
Follower

I am trying to set up our e911 service on our camera system and regardless of what device I use, it continues to tell me that my address is invalid.    Can someone please help me as our address is valid.

Thank you.

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@FrenchieGuys wrote:

I am trying to set up our e911 service on our camera system and regardless of what device I use, it continues to tell me that my address is invalid.    Can someone please help me as our address is valid.

You need to contact support on this:  https://www.arlo.com/en-us/support/contact.aspx

Normally when you call 911, the telephone network automatically routes the call to the PSAP (Public Safety Access Point) that handles your location.  The PSAP then takes the call, and dispatches any needed emergency services.

With the Arlo e911 service, that won't work - since the goal is to call your home PSAP, no matter where you happen to be. So the Arlo back-end uses your address to figure out what that PSAP is, and then calls it directly.  In your case, they aren't finding your address in their database.  They'll need to work with their provider to sort that out.