Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

BILLING ISSUE - Arlo Smart

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 In Conversation
kmiller8821
Luminary
Luminary

To Whom It May Concern:

Recently, my smart notifications quit working on a plan I pay for.  I contacted support and after wasting more time then I care to mention, I was told that the only way to "fix" it was to CANCEL my subscription and RESUBSCRIBE.  As I cancelled it, it advised me I had a credit since I had just signed up in June of 2018 for an ANNUAL plan so I only used 6 months.  I signed back up again, Arlo charged me for the year (which I expected) and I was waiting to see a credit on my card.  I have yet to see any credit so Arlo has now STOLEN  6 months of my money.  I chatted in today and after spending 15 minutes with the agent I was told I was talking to tech support and I needed to talk to billing. I SPECIFICALLY asked the agent if they could assist because I knew it was a billing issue.  The end result? Arlo tech support = morons. Chat agent  = morons. Good luck trying to reach anyone on the phone, so I'm about to start a DISPUTE with my credit card company.  I'm posting here as a last resort. The level of incompetence at Netgear is rediculous, they should take a customer service que from Apple who would have resolved my issue on the FIRST contact. Someone help me, I'm about to start writing executives because trying to get something so simple resolved shouldn't be this hard.

PISSED OFF CUSTOMER

1 REPLY 1
JessicaP
Arlo Employee Retired

Hi @kmiller8821,

I have sent you a private message to gather more information from you regarding your Arlo Smart subscription. Hope to hear from you soon.