Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 10 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Brianchen
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm facing an issue where, after successfully entering my subscription code, I'm not seeing any available plans. How can I resolve this problem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Arlo1342
Apprentice
Apprentice

Sell your cameras or return them.

Taiwan's privacy laws (Chinese based) will prevent you from having any meaningful security system that you can control, there won't be any cloud features for the foreseeable future if ever because of the draconian security laws governing internet access.

You would be better served buying a hard wired standalone system with a dvr.

Folks, don't be wasting this guys time with promises of help that will never materialize.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Where are you located? Only select countries can get subscriptions:

https://kb.arlo.com/000062249/Where-is-Arlo-Secure-available

Brianchen
Aspirant
Aspirant

I am located in Taiwan, and the subscription input was successful, but there are no plans displayed in the plan status

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Did you look at the FAQ my link above shows? Taiwan is not listed as a country where you can get a subscription. The data entry may have worked fine but that doesn't actually get you the ability to purchase a subscription.

Be sure to read the very last sentence at the bottom of the FAQ which specifically mentions Taiwan and has a link to the only thing you can purchase. Whether your code can be used I can't say.

Brianchen
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, I did purchase Arlo Smart for Taiwan through this link(Arlo Smart Premier annual plan), and I did receive a successful confirmation. However, as I mentioned in my question, there are still no plans displayed. I have reached out to customer support in Taiwan, but they mentioned that they don't have the authority to handle subscription issues. So, I'm seeking assistance here.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

@JamesC , @ShayneS , @BrookeN - can you guys help?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Brianchen 

I have escalated this concern to the support team and someone will be reaching out as soon as possible. 

Brianchen
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi @ShayneS ,

Thank you. This issue has been troubling me for over a month, and I hope for a prompt resolution.

Brianchen
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi @ShayneS ,

Do you have any messages? I haven't received any notifications yet.

Arlo1342
Apprentice
Apprentice

Sell your cameras or return them.

Taiwan's privacy laws (Chinese based) will prevent you from having any meaningful security system that you can control, there won't be any cloud features for the foreseeable future if ever because of the draconian security laws governing internet access.

You would be better served buying a hard wired standalone system with a dvr.

Folks, don't be wasting this guys time with promises of help that will never materialize.

Brianchen
Aspirant
Aspirant

I think the same way.