Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
XavierLefevre
Tutor
Tutor

In my Smart Notifications settings I de-activated "Animal" for my only camera, a new Arlo Pro 5S.

I however continuously receive this type of notifications on my iPhone. My wife is also receiving them, through her linked account.

Can you help us?

7 REPLIES 7
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@XavierLefevre wrote:

In my Smart Notifications settings I de-activated "Animal" for my only camera, a new Arlo Pro 5S.

I however continuously receive this type of notifications on my iPhone. My wife is also receiving them, through her linked account.

Are you using "push" notifications?  Or are you using email notifications?

Check the camera rules if you aren't sure.

XavierLefevre
Tutor
Tutor

I am using push notifications

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@XavierLefevre wrote:

I am using push notifications

Sounds like it might be a bug.  Perhaps try contacting Arlo support - that would at least ensure that the issue is logged.

You could try removing/reinserting the battery (to reboot the camera).

XavierLefevre
Tutor
Tutor

Ok, just tried that, let's see if it works 🤞

Else, I'll have to contact Arlo, because it's painful to receive hundred notifications per day...

XavierLefevre
Tutor
Tutor

It didn't work, I tried:

- Remove the battery, wait a bit then put it back

- Re-activate the "Animal" notification setting, then de-activate it again

I'll contact Arlo's support

XavierLefevre
Tutor
Tutor

Nothing worked so far, I contacted the support chat of Arlo, the 2 advices were:

• Turn on then off the smart notification
  • Uninstall then reinstall the app

Which I tried, without success.

It's a bit odd to struggle so much to find a solution, it's either a setting issue or a bug, and comparatively with the complexity of doing Animal recognition, it's not a very complex bug to fix.

I hope Arlo's software engineers will come to the rescue.

MamaKenzie
Aspirant
Aspirant

I’ve contacted support multiple times over this issue as well. When I only had 2 floodlight cameras everything was great. Once I added a hub with 3 pro cams it started alerting for everything. It’s ridiculous that Arlo can’t fix this “bug” and the support staff just always says to reboot, uninstall and reinstall blah blah blah. Nothing works. There HAS to be a bug in the software that needs fixed. And I truly believe it has to do with the newer cameras because until I added the new ones I never had this problem. It’s to the point I had to disable automatically contacting emergency services and sirens on outdoor cameras. I pay for a feature that I cannot even access because the sirens were going off when the wind blew or when there was an animal when it should not have! Very annoying. I actually just picked up 8 Ring cameras on clearance from Home Depot because none of my family members have this issue and they all use ring. Once my yearly subscription runs out on my Arlo I’m going to switch to Ring and see how that goes. I need my sirens working outside to scare off any intruders but because of this software “glitch” or “bug” that Arlo cannot seem to fix, I cannot have them activated. So the solution I’ve found is quit using Arlo or deal with their flawed system. It used to be great but it’s gone way downhill this last year and they can’t seem to fix these issues. I’m sick of opening tickets always over the same issue.