Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Animal Detected Notification

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
MikeLa
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have animal detection disabled (i.e. don't notify me) but I routinely and continually get animal detected notifications.  Aside from my own dogs, we have tons of wildlife in our area so constantly getting detections is quite annoying.  All I want to know is human or vehicle detections...

Any ideas?

image.png

4 REPLIES 4
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Are the unwanted recordings all labeled as "animal"?

Though there might well be a bug here, you might also want to turn off "all other motion".

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@StephenB wrote:

Are the unwanted recordings all labeled as "animal"?

Though there might well be a bug here, you might also want to turn off "all other motion".

Turning off animals in smart notifications only disables the notifications - recordings are still made.

So I should have said "Are the unwanted notifications all labeled as animal?" 

MikeLa
Aspirant
Aspirant

I don't mind the recordings but the notifications are still occurring and yes, they are labeled as Animal Detected even though it's not supposed to be notifying me of such.

Retired_Member
Not applicable

Also having this problem.

The notifications still shows even though i have animal toggled off. the notification shows "detected motion", no preview is shown in app even thout i have a subscription an smart messages enabled. The library then a little bit later shows the motion(clip) and the correct categorization (i.e. animal). 

Seems like a problem in backend/cloud, can you please look at this, have been like this for several weeks now.