Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
ShuShuUK
Tutor
Tutor

Hi, I bought an Arlo doorbell last year and started the yearly subscription in September. In December, I purchased a new floodlight, and the free trial subscription is about to end. I want to buy a single subscription for it as I only have two devices. However, I found that the only way the website can do this is to cancel my yearly subscription for my doorbell, refund the unused period (without the yearly subscription discount) to me, and start two individual subscriptions for my two devices. Is this the only option available? All I want to do is add a plan for my new device. I don't want to cancel my current plan and have the two devices start and end together. Additionally, there's no point in suffering by losing the yearly subscription discount.

9 REPLIES 9
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@ShuShuUK wrote:

However, I found that the only way the website can do this is to cancel my yearly subscription for my doorbell, refund the unused period (without the yearly subscription discount) to me,

You'll find they don't refund the unused period (at least not in the US).  So be careful on this part.

@ShuShuUK wrote:

I want to buy a single subscription for it as I only have two devices. 

It sounds like you actually should be looking for two single camera subscriptions in one account.

ShuShuUK
Tutor
Tutor

Hi, in UK, they will deduct the unused period and add 2 single subscription, however i will lost the yearly sub discount which i dont want this happen, anyway to avoiding this?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@ShuShuUK wrote:

Hi, in UK, they will deduct the unused period and add 2 single subscription, however i will lost the yearly sub discount which i dont want this happen, anyway to avoiding this?

You could ask them for a discount to compensate.  No idea if they will do that or not.

ShuShuUK
Tutor
Tutor

This is a good idea, but i cant find their CS email address from the website

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I've opened a support ticket detailing the concerns you've posted here. An agent will reach out to you with a status update as soon as possible.

ShuShuUK
Tutor
Tutor

Some update for the cases.

No one contact me so far for the ticket!

Live chat with customer support yesterday, seems they dont really good in mathematics, canot understand the price different between paying yearly and monthly. Esclated to customer care team but no on email me on my issue so far.

ShuShuUK
Tutor
Tutor

NO SOLUTION UNTIL NOW!?

WHAT A WORLD CLASS AFTER SALES SERVICE

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

I escalated your ticket, someone will be reaching out to you soon. 

ShuShuUK
Tutor
Tutor

Hi, please don't sound like you are helpful, that someone just emailed me and asked if I contact you through live chat or phone and then disappear again. this is reaching out to me!