Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Do the bundles come with the hubs?

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
noirfire
Aspirant
Aspirant

Looking at buying a bundle but can't tell if I need to buy a hub separately or not, does anyone know if they come with the required hub?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@noirfire wrote:

The one I was thinking of is Family Guard Kit

A smarthub isn't needed for those particular devices, and it doesn't appear to be included.

You will need a paid subscription, otherwise you won't get any cloud recordings when the trial ends.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@noirfire wrote:

Looking at buying a bundle but can't tell if I need to buy a hub separately or not, does anyone know if they come with the required hub?

That's not as easy as it should be.

Which bundle are you interested in?

noirfire
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi Stephen,

I agree it should just say whether one is required or included 😕

The one I was thinking of is Family Gard Kit

Cheers

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@noirfire wrote:

The one I was thinking of is Family Guard Kit

A smarthub isn't needed for those particular devices, and it doesn't appear to be included.

You will need a paid subscription, otherwise you won't get any cloud recordings when the trial ends.

noirfire
Aspirant
Aspirant

I Thanks for the answer! do you know if I do buy a smart hub do I get the same benefit you did on the older models where you don't need a subscription?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@noirfire wrote:

if I do buy a smart hub do I get the same benefit you did on the older models where you don't need a subscription?

No.  Cloud recording requires a paid subscription on all cameras introduced since 2018 (and all these are new models).  You could add local storage to the smarthub, and then take advantage of direct access to local storage.  https://kb.arlo.com/000062337/What-is-Direct-Storage-Access-and-how-do-I-use-it  While some do use that instead of a subscription, it has quite a few drawbacks. 

Your particular bundle includes the AVD2001 wire free doorbell.  That can't be connected to a base station at present.  Arlo says it's on their list, but they haven't said when.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation