Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

recordings now showing in library even tough I get alerts.

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
pgmbas
Aspirant
Aspirant

As of this morning - NO videos are showing up.  I have 4 alerts today but no video - and no video from prior days that were there yesterday.  Without video, this service has no value to me. I got this camera so I could see when things were dropped at my mailbox which I can not see.  And it is at the bottom of what is today a very slippery driveway. Searching the board, this seems to be a recurring problem.  I need this fixed. 

For the last few weeks, it seems to take hours for the video to show up on my phone. When I was on the 3-month trial, I did not notice these issues. If I did not see a video I would close and reopen the app.  Now that I am signed up for one-camera secure, the video storage service has degraded significantly.

For developers who may be debugging this issue - when I click on the video number icon of the device display (just to the left of the settings icon).  The library comes up and I very briefly see a flash of video images, then they clear.

I tried playing with filters - but I still do not see them.  Note that on filters there is a devices filter and "Any" is selected.  It used to be that if I clicked on "Any" I would see my list of cameras (one for now), and I could pick it.  Now I see NO cameras in that list.  I checked my aro secure subscription and it says 1 of 1 camera(s) participating.

The device info says the camera is VMC4041PAerH4 (its not in the model pull down list)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
pgmbas
Aspirant
Aspirant

Meant to stay NOT showing.

I had to delete the iPhone app AND all of it's data and then reinstall (just offloading the app did not work). Now it is working.  And when I click on filter devices, it shows my camera.  So I think there was something stored in the data side that was messing up the filter panel.  Note that my wife's phone has the same problem.

What I do not fully understand is that when I relaunched the completely new application - it knew my account info. So it must store that somewhere else.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
pgmbas
Aspirant
Aspirant

A little more info - I can see video listings from the browser interface - so they are there in the cloud.  So the issue seems to be in the ARLO application (which I noticed was updated today).  And maybe I should not be trashing the cloud service - the iPhone app seems to have the issues.  I am surprised there is not a "refresh video list" button in the app.   And why can't I play the videos in my windows browser?

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Rebooting the phone and reinstalling the app may help. If all is up to date you can also force close the app and clear the app's cache in the phone settings for the app.

2k and 4k videos can't be viewed on most browsers since the codecs require licensing. Apparently the latest Safari on the Mac can do this as well as Edge on Windows IF the hardware is new and you install the HEVC add-on available in the Windows store. Hardware support is definitely needed - my laptop can't handle it, either.

pgmbas
Aspirant
Aspirant

Meant to stay NOT showing.

I had to delete the iPhone app AND all of it's data and then reinstall (just offloading the app did not work). Now it is working.  And when I click on filter devices, it shows my camera.  So I think there was something stored in the data side that was messing up the filter panel.  Note that my wife's phone has the same problem.

What I do not fully understand is that when I relaunched the completely new application - it knew my account info. So it must store that somewhere else.