Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

iOS notifications sound

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Longboarder
Tutor
Tutor

This is a feature request for the iOS app. Apple has recently changed their default notification sound to a very quiet beep instead of the loud tri-tone and there’s no way to change it. As a result I can’t hear notifications. It’d be great if as part of the app users could customize the notifications sound for the Arlo secure app(which allegedly would override Apples quiet new sound). Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

If you are on the newest iOS there should be even more options now to choose from. 

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

We appreciate your patience and feedback while we work to deliver a solution for the recent iOS notification tone change. The development team has prioritized a solution that we plan to implement near the end of November. We understand the importance of this solution for our iOS users and will provide another update as we approach this features release.

Longboarder
Tutor
Tutor

Great to hear Brooke and thanks so much for the quick response. This would be super awesome to have, thank you for prioritizing!

CeeG
Aspirant
Aspirant

Indeed a priority fix is needed in the most urgent way.  I can barely hear notifications and sleep right thru them the sound is so soft.  Doesn’t bode well for effective security.  

ruttrunner1
Aspirant
Aspirant

Last reponse from ARLO support said end of November. Seeing how I have been waiting several years for there to be an alert sound anything other than a dog can hear, I didn't believe this statement. November has come and gone and still nothing. If it cost all ARLO users a nickle a month to bribe Apple to let Arlo have a decent alert sound, please pay up and make this happen. 

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Thank you for your patience while we worked to deliver a solution for the recent iOS notification change. We have implemented two new Notification Tones, Vibrant & Marimba as an alternative to the Default iOS Tone.You can find the two new Notification Tones within the Arlo Secure App under Settings > Notifications > Notification Tone

Longboarder
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks so much Brooke! This is a great step forward! I’d say that the two new sounds are much better than the silly iOS default. It’s be great if we can add one more sound option that’s more abrupt that will rattle us from our sleep, like a police siren or something lol

ruttrunner1
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks for the reply Brooke. Those two sounds that were added are NOT any better than the ios default. This is supposed to be a security system not a toy. How is that going to get anyone's attention unless they are sitting there with thier phone in hand awaiting a notification. It isn't going to wake anyone up if someone is outside stealing your car ar God forbid breaking into your house. It isn't goint to get anyone's attention doing any normal daily activitities. As I mentioned earlier, this is something that has been repeatedly requested by many users for several years and for this long awaited feature to be so minor of a change is upsetting. I would like to warn all of Arlo's potential new customers of this. Arlo is a toy. They do not take security or their users needs seriously. They are too cheap to pay Apple whatever it cost to allow any decent form of notifications. No vibration. No ringtone type notification. No custom notification. When you need it, you will be sadly disappointed. 

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

If you are on the newest iOS there should be even more options now to choose from. 

Longboarder
Tutor
Tutor

Thanks Brooke! I updated to the latest iOS version and indeed was able to change the default iOS notification to the loud tri-note, yay!!  for others who might be trying this, don't forget to change the sound setting in the Arlo app back to iOS default.