Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Vms3430 - keeps saying offline

Discussion stats
  • 41 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Firefighter25
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have been trying for 2 weeks to connect to my base. It keeps on saying OFFLINE. There is no number to call and my model is and older one. Someone please help me!

41 REPLIES 41
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Firefighter25 wrote:
When we got the Arlo monitoring was free so we never subscribed to a monthly fee.

Understood.  You don't need a paid subscription to get the 7-day cloud recording with your cameras.  But you still have an arlo account - you log into it whenever you use the app, and whenever you use my.arlo.com.  The account itself is free.

I want to know if you see the base station listed when you go into the settings of the app (or my.arlo.com), and then go into "my devices".  Or not.  

If it is listed, go into the device settings for the base and see if it is online (or not).

Firefighter25
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have a free account. I never subscribed to the Arlo plan. Remember I got the older Arlo model back around 4-5 years ago
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Firefighter25 wrote:
I have a free account. I never subscribed to the Arlo plan. Remember I got the older Arlo model back around 4-5 years ago

I get that - can you answer the two questions I posted above?

Firefighter25
Aspirant
Aspirant
My older base is not listed. Vms3430 is my model number
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Firefighter25 wrote:
My older base is not listed. Vms3430 is my model number

VMS3430 is a system bundle - the camera part number is VMC3030, the part number for the base would be VMBxxxx.  I'm guessing it would be VMB3000 - but it could be something else. It is printed on the base. 

You say your older base is not listed.  Does that mean you have a newer base that is listed?

In any event, if you have no base stations listed in the account, the first thing we need to do is try adding the base. 

Firefighter25
Aspirant
Aspirant
I have not purchased a new base. I also have no account with Arlo (plan)$. Do I need to get a new base and sign up or subscribe? Would that get rid of the OFFLINE
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Firefighter25 wrote:
I have not purchased a new base. 

Ok.  So you have one base.

You say it is no longer listed in your (free) account.  So what is showing up as OFFLINE?  Can you post a screenshot?

Firefighter25
Aspirant
Aspirant
I can't. I thought by removing the camera's all 4 and then reinstalling them the problem would go away.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Firefighter25 wrote:
I can't. 

Ok.  I am confused by what you are telling me, so please have patience with my questions.

@Firefighter25 wrote:
I thought by removing the camera's all 4 and then reinstalling them the problem would go away.

So it sounds like you removed all four cameras, then then were unable to reinstall them.  That means that the devices page in the app (and my.arlo.com) shows no cameras at all - nothing offline.  Is that correct?

Do you recall if you removed the base station too?  I'm still confused about what exactly is showing up as OFFLINE.

Firefighter25
Aspirant
Aspirant
I did not remove the base. Just the camera's
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Firefighter25 wrote:
I did not remove the base. Just the camera's

Ok.  Then if you log into my.arlo.com, and then click on "settings" then you should see one device in the "my devices" list.  

Is that the case?

Firefighter25
Aspirant
Aspirant
No. What should I do. Just buy a new unit.? I am tired of resetting the system and nothing happening!
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Firefighter25 wrote:
No. 

The problem here is that this info is inconsistent with your saying that you never removed the base station from your account.  If you never removed it, then you should be seeing it there (though perhaps with an offline status).

Arlo allows you to share cameras with "friend" accounts.  If you are using a friend account, then you won't see the base in the device list.  Is that possible? 

@Firefighter25 wrote:
I am tired of resetting the system and nothing happening!

When you say "reset", are you doing this?

1. Use a pen or straightened paperclip to press and hold the Reset button on the back of the Base Station or SmartHub for about 10 seconds. 
  2. Release the Reset button. After the reset is complete, the LED on the front of the Base Station flashes amber. When the LED stops flashing amber, your Base Station reboots.

If so, have you tried to add the base back to your account after this procedure?

Firefighter25
Aspirant
Aspirant
I will try the rest process. However I just removed my 4 cameras off my mobile site and now I can not re-add them back. They are not listed.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Firefighter25 wrote:
However I just removed my 4 cameras off my mobile site and now I can not re-add them back. They are not listed.

They were there before???  I asked for confirmation about whether they were on the device screen or not.

Again, the information is confusing (and not consistent with the base station not being shown in settings->my devices).  We only know what you are telling us, and unfortunately you aren't telling us everything we need to know (and some of what you are telling us sounds incorrect).

But if you could remove the cameras, you must be in the primary account.

Maybe this screen shot from my own system will help?  This is from my.arlo.com (PC browser).

base.png

"Bedroom Base Station" is the name I gave it when I added it.  Yours would be named differently, but should have a similar icon.

If you do that reset procedure, you have to also remove the base station from the account (assuming it is there)!!!  Here's a link for the full procedure:

Firefighter25
Aspirant
Aspirant
Ok. I had 4 cameras Front, driveway, side porch and back yard. I removed all 4 cameras. Now It brings me to a site to buy cameras. Hope this helps.
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

Again, we need to remove the base.

Have you gone to the screen I just posted?  If so, what are you seeing my devices?