Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Video Verification won't stay enabled

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
AnonHero
Aspirant
Aspirant

I tried to enable Video Verification in Arlo Secure following these instructions:

https://kb.arlo.com/000062863/What-is-Arlo-Video-Verification-and-how-does-it-work

After enabling the Video Verification setting for my Arlo cameras, they seem to automatically disable themselves after I check again in an hour. I am using the Arlo Android app on Android 14, Google Pixel 8 Pro. Reproduced this multiple times.

See this screenshot:

Screenshot_20240508-151738.png

7 REPLIES 7
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @AnonHero 

Thank you for the update. Are you still experiencing this symptom with the video verification? 

AnonHero
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, I tried again today and have the same issue.

When I enable Video Verification (flip those toggles), exit that page by going back to the Dashboard, and check the Video Verification page again, the toggles are enabled.

But when I check again after some time (like an hour), the toggles are disabled.

I also just realized that if I force quit the app after enabling Video Verification, and open the app again to check, Video Verification toggles are disabled again. It's as if the Video Verification settings never get saved permanently.

I also see from the Home Monitoring Certificate that Video Verification is not enabled (this is how I found this bug):

https://kb.arlo.com/000063053/How-do-I-obtain-a-Monitoring-Certificate-for-my-Arlo-Home-Security-Sys...

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Which version of the Arlo app do you have installed? 

AnonHero
Aspirant
Aspirant

Android app 4.12.5_28655

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@AnonHero Thank you for the update, I have notified the team and I am waiting for more information. 

AnonHero
Aspirant
Aspirant

I was able to get the Video Verification setting enabled on the iOS app. So it seems like this is a bug specific to the Android app.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@AnonHero Oh, thanks for that additional detail. Do you mind providing me with the model and OS of the IPhone?