Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Used for year but now cannot even purchase any program from them.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 In Conversation
worthlesspos
Aspirant
Aspirant

Used for year but now cannot even purchase any program from them.  So the cameras are worthless at this time.  And their support has done nothing but send me bs emails about they are updating my case.

8 REPLIES 8
dcfox1
Master
Master

@worthlesspos wrote:

Used for year but now cannot even purchase any program from them.  So the cameras are worthless at this time.  And their support has done nothing but send me bs emails about they are updating my case.

What do you mean "Program"? Subscription perhaps?  Also Arlo does not work with security Companies as in your title. 

worthlesspos
Aspirant
Aspirant

Subscription would be correct.  

Apparently from what you are saying I have about a 1 K of junk mounted on my house and connected to wi-fi base that does not work.  

The equipment was installed by geek squad and purchased through best buy.  Guess will have to get them to help since arlo has no customer support at all apparently.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@worthlesspos wrote:

Subscription would be correct.  

You should be opted in to the 3-month trial when the cameras are on-boarded.  After the trial runs out, you should be able to purchase a subscription.  Or you could cancel the trial if for some reason you want to switch to a paid subscription early.

Do you see a subscription on the subscription page in the app or web browser (my.arlo.com)?  

If you do, check to see if your cameras are participating (click on manage cameras).

If you don't, then what is happening when you attempt to purchase one?

worthlesspos
Aspirant
Aspirant

Was trying to renew, went through the site and took me to my account.  When using account it kept telling me to pick and then would not complete the transaction at all.  Arlo has been worthless for assistance and refused to do anything with me to work through it.  I am guessing they just don't want the money or they don't have anyone willing to help.  

Looking to see if there was another company that works with arlo junk.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Are you getting an error message when navigating through the subscription flow? Could you provide more details about what you are experiencing when you attempt to subscribe?

JamesC

worthlesspos
Aspirant
Aspirant

I pick the plan I want, this would be while in my online My Arlo, then pick submit.  It sets there and does nothing.  I have waited over 5 minutes for it to continue or indicate it is not working.  Nothing.  After doing this numerous times different ways and even on email advertisement sent me that sends me to my log in and My Arlo.  Essentially the only thing Arlo support does is send me emails saying they are working on my case.  They have required me to send them HAR information however after doing so at least twice I have stopped doing this.  

IrishMist
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm browsing these forums to assess the support and long term Arlo ownership issues.  I have security cameras (new in 2016).  Their supplier/service provider advises me that my current technical problems are due to increasing incompatibilities between my old(!!!) cameras and recent improvements made to their service - they suggested upgrading the cameras.  I suggested refunding my annual subscription (which they did.)

So I'm in the market for new cameras from a manufacturer that can assure me of a long term service commitment.  Is Arlo such a manufacturer?

My old provider did not offer local storage.  Is this a better long term solution - if I can put some effort into making a physically and electrically secure environment for the storage device and associated network?

Can I view locally stored Arlo recordings remotely?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@IrishMist wrote:

Can I view locally stored Arlo recordings remotely?

Yes.  Though you do need to connect the cameras to one or more smarthubs (VMB4540 or VMB5000).  You then connect local storage to the smarthubs.  https://kb.arlo.com/000062337/What-is-Direct-Storage-Access-and-how-do-I-use-it

There are some caveats you should be aware of:

• Recordings can only be viewed by the app (not in a PC browser).
  • Recordings can only be viewed from the primary account (not a "friend" account).
  • You cannot make manual recordings or snapshots
  • There are no thumbnails in the notifications
  • Remote Access requires either port forwarding in the router, or connecting to the router via a VPN.

@IrishMist wrote:

So I'm in the market for new cameras from a manufacturer that can assure me of a long term service commitment.  Is Arlo such a manufacturer?

They are still supporting their original cameras (launched in 2014).  In general, their products are not repairable, so they need to be replaced when they fail.  Posts here from customers regarding service are definitely mixed - many report issues in reaching support, and aren't satisfied with the resolution (or lack thereof).  Others seem to have a very good support experience.