Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
Epj007
Follower
Follower

Not sure if I'm even in the right location for this. Can I just say the updated Arlo App absolutely sucks! I have 6 arlo essential wireless cameras. I decided I needed (wanted the new pro 5 s cameras to replace a couple of my existing cameras.) Pretty much that has been my downfall. I have a front door camera that stay's on 24/7 So we can see the dummies that come up and can't read the no soliciting sign. Package support worked great. That said I had all other camera set to come on at dark and go off the next morning. With the new system I am all on or nothing I cant get the schedule to work at all. So currently i have to leave all cameras armed (which sucks as we are in and out at various times of the day).

I can't seem to find a youtube video or any real help on a step by step config using the new App. Also I am unable to get it to bring up the system on my wife's phone so she can check the camera's when she is home. All of this worked perfectly fine on the old app before upgrade. I'm at the point of taking all the pro 5 kit back and taking down the arlo's and looking for some better system.

I pay for a subscription but apparently can talk to a live support person on chat or otherwise 😞 If anyone can point me to a definitive step by step guide to get my old config back in play I would be mostly happy. (orig config. front porch always on period, all other cameras on from say dark to sunup when I'm home. Oh and if anyone knows how to select all and delete all video's at once or turn off animal detection as I get as many as 14 videos over night and sometimes during the day....Having to select each one for viewing and then hitting delete is just plain stupid. Sorry for the long post Can you tell I'm frustrated !

Thanks in advance for any insight

27 REPLIES 27
DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

Considering that the new UI interface was introduced to be used the arlo home security product released a year before last and since then arlo has not adequately redeveloped the interface to address it’s short falls, all I can predict is that it will continue to stagnate any chance of arlo being maintained as the market leader in toy security cameras.

ElSperko
Tutor
Tutor

I was forced to upgrade to the new app today to accomodate my new Pro 5 cameras.  What a load of garbage!!!  I have spent 17 years as an IT professional & can find my way around most UIs but this is appalling.

RicCss
Aspirant
Aspirant

Just bought 4 Essential (2nd gen) cameras to replace 5 EOL cams and station. Unfortunately I will have to do the same thing, download new Arlo app. After reading this, am taking them back for refund. Glad I didn't open the package. Not worth the hassle.