Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Unreliable security system

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
joni88
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi, 

after two years of using the arlo system, I have not been happy with system. In fact it is way below my satisfaction. 
Firstly, the system is always out of sync. The system seems to recognise the time wrong as the light were turned on during day which consequently drains the battery and stop functioning at night. 
secondly, I don’t understand why it records video even it detects sound. I checked all the settings, but it still does something I specifically ask don’t. 
thirdly the doorbell, seriously, always disconnected whenever it wants. In the end I just give up. 
fourly, it can be jammed by hacker. I asked arlo rep, they can’t do anything.

fifly one of my camera always receive poor signal even I have upgraded my router.

lastly whenever I ask for advice, I am asked to do factory reset. What a convenient way to resolve the problems 

imagine u have put all your time and money hoping a system that will work but the only way to resolve is factory reset. 
Arlo u have lost me. Especially u have introduced a new policy about eol. Wtf!

Im selling the system. Waste of my time and energy for over two years!!!

2 REPLIES 2
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

joni88,

If you're getting audio recordings but do not have audio selected within your rules, check the following article: https://kb.arlo.com/000062224/What-is-the-Arlo-Smoke-and-CO-Alarm-Detection-feature-and-how-do-I-set...

When you say your doorbell is "disconnected", do you mean it's dropping offline? This could be due to poor signal strength. What does the signal strength icon show in the app?

If your camera is receiving poor signal strength, it could be too far away from your base station or router. What does the signal strength icon show? If you temporarily bring it closer, does this improve the signal strength?

JamesC

joni88
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hi,

I have a new router literally 20 m next to the camera. It is still acts the same! 

I’m throwing it in the bin as soon as I have money to purchase a new system. I will not sell it to anyone because I don’t want others to suffer the same pain.