Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

US

Discussion stats
  • 7 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Deadeye57
Aspirant
Aspirant

The Restart buttons disappeared from my iPhone 14 Arlo app about 2 days ago leaving my home and person vulnerable while away and/or while sleeping. How do I get the buttons back?

7 REPLIES 7
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @Deadeye57 

May I ask which troubleshooting steps you have tried so far? I don't want to suggest anything you have previously performed.

Can you provide a screenshot of the missing option?

Thanks 

Deadeye57
Aspirant
Aspirant

IMG_0520.png

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Can you try navigating to Base station and look for the restart button near the bottom.

Deadeye57
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have both hubs near me…

Deadeye57
Aspirant
Aspirant

Have both hubs and have used a twist tie to press inside the restart on each hub…I have checked for the restart button on the Arlo website and nothing so far…

Deadeye57
Aspirant
Aspirant

Hello?! It has been almost 2 hours without a response to the last response I provided concerning the reset/restart of the hubs have made no difference…I would appreciate a response. Thanks.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Deadeye57 wrote:

Hello?! It has been almost 2 hours without a response to the last response I provided concerning the reset/restart of the hubs have made no difference…I would appreciate a response. Thanks.

Your screenshot looks like you are looking in the camera settings (picking a camera that is connected to the base). You can restart the base station remotely, but generally can't restart the cameras that way.  

BTW, it appears that the "twist tie" restart was actually doing a factory reset.  If you just want to restart the base physically, you just remove power for a few seconds, and then restore it.

Back to your original comment:

@Deadeye57 wrote:

leaving my home and person vulnerable while away and/or while sleeping.

I'm not understanding the vulnerability here.  Can you clarify what you are worried about?