Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Trying to re-subscribe to Arlo Secure

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
LA21
Aspirant
Aspirant

Last year I had to cancel my subscription.  I found out that my video wasn't being saved to my phone (like I thought) so I decided to re-subscribe to Arlo Secure.  This was the most frustrating experience I have had in a LOOONG time!  Every time  went to subscribe it would get to the payment page, take my Paypal account and then agreeing to the "rules" and hitting enter I get a message saying that I don't have a "master account" so I can't buy a "supplemental" plan. I have never heard these expressions used.  I went through the "chat" and I kept getting the same drivel telling me to do exactly what I had been doing MANY times to no avail.  Don't understand why they don't want to take my money.  Without the video to check what happened last night or yesterday, they are worthless.  If I wanted to see what was happening NOW, I would look out the window!  Can anyone help?

4 REPLIES 4
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

It sounds like you're using an account that has had cameras shared with it rather than the original account that set up the system. Is that true? If not, try using a computer browser aimed at my.arlo.com instead.

LA21
Aspirant
Aspirant

No, this is the original subscription that I have always had.  I have tried going through my.arlo.com, arlo.com -my computer browser and app, my phone app, etc.  I had no problem until I cancelled my subscription because the monthly fee was too much for me at the time and I wasn't aware that none of the video was recorded on my phone so I could just go through there and delete as needed when I needed more space to record.  This is really turning me off of Arlo, which is unfortunate, because I really like the cameras and the quality of their output.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

WHile not everyone wants to use a credit card to subscribe, can you try that? I don't know why you can't use PayPal so the CC may be useful.

@JamesC , @ShayneS , @BrookeN any thoughts?

LA21
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thanks so much.   Don't know why, but that did the trick.  I really appreciate your help!