Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Some Features I would love to see

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
rdilauro
Luminary
Luminary

Now that I am settled in managing 15 ARLOs, there are a few features I would love to see implemented:

1. Setting a threshold on battery status and sending the message.

2. Ability to separate functions (ie Device, Library, Mode, Settings) by Account.

3. Individually turn on/off cameras in side MODE.

4. Provide for multi secondary check for logins.  (Users can select which method they want as they go)

5. Ability to manage those cameras that need a battery charge or are offline.

I am sure there are more that I can think of , but for now this is it.

8 REPLIES 8
rdilauro
Luminary
Luminary
I don’t think this the proper forum to discuss things like this. I was looking for the correct audience, immunity,etc where to put this

Is there a proper category I should be using?
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@rdilauro wrote:

There used to be an idea exchange, but I think that has been dropped.

If the mods think there is a better forum area, they will move it.  Unfortunately they normally do that silently.

@rdilauro wrote:
5. Ability to manage those cameras that need a battery charge or are offline.

Since off-line cameras can't be reached, this one might not be possible.  It would be nice to get email or push notifications when cameras go offline (and when cameras go from offline to online).

I'd personally like to see graphs/history of 

1. battery charge over time
  2. online/offline status
  3. total video recording per day (seconds) - including recordings supressed as out-of-zone
  4. notifications (by category) per day
  5. history of firmware updates
  6. changes in geofencing state
  7. info on loss and bitstream corruption in the received cloud recordings

Though not a management feature, I'd also like the ability to schedule periodic snapshots and/or short videos.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

@StephenB wrote:

@rdilauro wrote:

Still there but rather hidden:

https://community.arlo.com/t5/Firmware-Release-Notes/bd-p/arlo-release-notes

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@jguerdat wrote:

@StephenB wrote:

@rdilauro wrote:

Still there but rather hidden:

https://community.arlo.com/t5/Firmware-Release-Notes/bd-p/arlo-release-notes

Just want to point out that this link won't get you there.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Crap - need more coffee. Maybe without the Kahlua...

rdilauro
Luminary
Luminary
Coffee without Kahlua. Heck sometimes you might also need Rum, especially when dealing with me
rdilauro
Luminary
Luminary

Stephen

I would like to see a notification when a camera goes offline and then back online.  So many times, I can not figure out why one camera is offline.  I have some on the same base station.  The battery status is all ok.  For some reason, one of them keeps going offline.  And its pretty close to the base station.  We have one that I might have stretched in being over 300 feet away, but it always is on.  Reading why a camera goes offline does not always help.  For some of the reasons stated, they would apply to the other cameras on the base station (I think)   

The graph of battery status would be outstanding.  This way perhaps I can make sense why one battery is at 90% in the evening, then at 20% in the morning.  At that is with not many triggered events.  If I had a graph like you said, I would then map it with excel as to the time, the temperature outside, the number of triggered events etc.

Having a table where I  could set the threshold of a given camera battery status would be great.  The 15% is nice, but many times too late.  I have some high traffic cameras that I would like to set a warning notification at 50%.

rdilauro
Luminary
Luminary
Wow, as I posted the above message, all my cameras went offline! 15 seconds later they are back online. So, i have to believe they were online, but the browser access was not in sync. I would love to just hit the browser refresh, but in the ARLO Smart, that does not refresh the page, it brings you back to the logon screen