Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Software setup

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Akavickas
Follower
Follower

I have added a friend to my camera setup.   However (the lack) the instructions do not tell what the next step is and what to expect.  I wonder why these companies can not get instruct ions.

1 REPLY 1
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You can always check the FAQs in the support section:

https://kb.arlo.com/000039122/How-do-I-add-friends-on-my-Arlo-Secure-app

However, there's a fly in the ointment - you both need to see the new user interface that uses Feed to view videos. I suspect you're using the old UI which uses Library. The current apps support both UIs so check carefully at the bottom to know which one you are using. If using the old one with Library, you must migrate your account to match your friend's. To do so, use Add Device to add either a Pro 5 or security system even though you have neither. The first step is to migrate your account after which you can just back out of the bogus install. This will enable him to see the cameras but you will have a whole new experience with the new UI. Be aware that you can't go back to the old UI and any custom modes you may have created don't migrate - you have to use the 3 default modes to do what you need. Take the time to go through the whole UI so you see where things are and how they operate.

Also, your friend needs to complete the emailed instructions by clicking on the link in the email. Sometimes this needs to be done on a computer for some reason so if having problems, try that.