Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Smarthubs offline suddenly?

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 7 In Conversation
777pj777
Star
Star

Hi - I have two Smarthubs, one with three Pro3 cameras attached and another with 5 Ultra cameras attached. Both systems have been fine until today. 

Neither system is now working - they both show a blinking amber light. I have restarted, power cycled both them and the router they're connected to but they still will no longer connect. All other internet works fine. There have been no power outages or network changes (that I'm aware of).

Talking to support they suggested I reset, re-pair, etc., however upon checking with a local FB page, I'm not the only one with issues here...there are others who are saying their Arlo is not connecting either.

I'm located in Auckland, NZ...anyone else have issues or any suggestions before doing the nuclear reset option?

9 REPLIES 9
WoSaK
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've got the same (Wellington NZ), got an Arlo Pro 3 base station, 2x Arlo baby cams all blinking red.

Attempted to reset one babycam with support, and it won't reconnect to my account.

- Base is wired in

- Babycams wireless

Can see all three on the network (UniFi and Firewall showing packets going up and down).

Running a packet captured, can see it sending out and receiving in, but they are all just flashing red.

Couldn't sign into the App earlier today, then could sporadically, now can. Same applied for the web portal.

They've definitely got an issue, but Support are saying there is not.

I've told them there are multiple posts on here with the same issue.

I'm guessing its a regional issue (likely f'd the config in their Sydney region).

They calling me back in 5 minutes, will reiterate another person on NZ with the same issue, different models.

DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

Working ok in AU bne.

Could be also an isp issue, tpg slowed down due to Sydney storms the other day, likely Telstra had taken all the bandwidth.

Last resort would be the arlo nuke method but I suggest wait 24hrs else you end up chasing your tail for the next week trying to re-add every device again.

777pj777
Star
Star

Thanks - I’m happy for them to contact me as well. FYI - my partner cannot connect to her Arlo either (separate address 40 kilometres away, account and cameras. My FB group has at least 5 that cannot connect also. 

777pj777
Star
Star

Mine are now both back online…this is clearly an Arlo problem and not a ‘me’ problem. Arlo - if you read this, please correlate to ticket # 43813665. Your support would have advised me to do something that is clearly unnecessary, despite me advising of multiple people with the same issue. 

WoSaK
Aspirant
Aspirant

Mine is too, the Babycam came back first, the base station dropped in and out for about 30 mins, but looks to have stabilised. 

Arlo, where is your monitoring, or did we need to wait for GMT engineers to wake up to get this resolved?!

Factoring resetting devices is not the be and end all to resolving issues. 

securemonkey
Aspirant
Aspirant

Same issue here - also in Auckland.  Issue all day.  Have done factory reset, LED on baseunit single blue LED so all should be fine, but unable to connect to phone app.   

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Are you still seeing this behavior or has it resolved?

FrankChapman
Aspirant
Aspirant

i have lost connection to.base station too. VMB3000. All green lights on but showing offline.

v frustrating.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Are you getting notifications and recordings? It sounds like it's a display issue so try rebooting your phone and reinstalling the app. Also, try the web client (my.arlo.com) to see if the same thing is happening.