Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Shared account sends alerts to my phone not seeing video

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Retired_Member
Not applicable

My husband has the Arlo Secure main account and sent me a link to share the account.  I have tried multiple suggests I found her in discussion but I am not seeing video, I am however getting the alerts when someone or something is near door bell.

1.  He and I are on the same version of Arlo Secure.

2.  I have accepted the invite on my phone but also on a laptop.

3.  I have restarted my phone

4.  When I look at location I see a name for a doorbell I created that isn't part of this system, but not the others in our house.

I am not sure what to do next.  Any help is appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Retired_Member wrote:

1.  He and I are on the same version of Arlo Secure.

That is not enough.  The app has two different user interfaces - one shows you "Library" as a menu option, the other shows you "Feed" and "Dashboard" instead.  From your symptoms, it sounds like one of you is using "Feed" and the other is using "Library".

If that is the case, then the person using "Library" needs to migrate to "Feed".  The way to do that (actually a hack)  is to go into "add device" and start to add a Pro 5s camera.  You can't finish that work flow without the camera.  But the work flow will migrate the account to "Feed" before you get stuck.

If your husband's account is the one that needs to shift to "Feed", then there are a couple of things he needs to know. 

1. "Feed" doesn't support custom modes.  There are three built-in modes (Armed Home, Armed Away, and Standby) that can be edited.  But no new custom modes can be added.
  2. It is not possible to get the combination of geofencing and scheduling to work correctly together.

So if he depends on these features, you might need to wait until Arlo addresses them before migrating his account.