Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
readyp
Tutor
Tutor

I am finding reviewing the camera feed on a PC difficult. After scrolling through and playing one of the recordings, i don't see a way to go back to where I was, or jump to the next feed.

There is a back arrow, but that takes you back to the Device list or Feed (depending on where you started). I think there was a next arrow before I upgraded the App?

It works ok on a phone because the phone remembers or goes back to where you had scrolled to. Hopefully Arlo are looking to add a next and previous button for reviewing feeds. Do Arlo publish a 'Features wanted or coming' list?

4 REPLIES 4
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

This is currently functioning as designed. I will provide this to the appropriate team for future consideration. 

rvd67
Guide
Guide

New app is terribly designed for actually viewing camera recordings. Taking away the next video/previous video capabilities in both the app and web versions is a huge step backwards. This is compounded on the web version by always sending you to the most recent video at the top of list after viewing a video. This is one of the most user unfriendly apps by a large corporation that I have ever used. It seems that no one in the app design department actually used the old app, these cameras, or the new app......amatuer hour in the app design department.

readyp
Tutor
Tutor

There are some good bits in the new UI. it has a clean modern feel. It has lost a few features from before. I like the Routines and Automations, but it would be nice to be able to add a custom mode for certain cameras. Lets hope they keep adding features.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@readyp wrote:

There are some good bits in the new UI.

In the old UI, modes (and scheduling) can be a mess if you have multiple base stations (or cameras directly connected to wifi).  So there definitely was a need for improvement.

Some of the issues (like multiple deletions) are easily fixed.   The limitation of three modes likely isn't, since the three modes are hard-wired into the new security system.  That's regrettable, since a lot of folks use custom modes (often people who have a lot of Arlo cameras).