Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 8 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
devaja
Star
Star

So my wife and I have two separate Arlo accounts but hers is a Shared account in regards to what she sees so we don't have to pay separately and I can just be all the tech support etc. She see our two location and is admin on both. Home and her Studio/Shop. The issue is that her account has a default location we can't get rid of from the drop down etc. that I just renamed "na" because we aren't using it. I've tried finding a way to remove it in the Arlo Secure app and in the web browser with no luck. We are both on the same latest iOS app version too.

I realize all accounts (probably) have to have at least one Location associated with them but it would be nice if it could say hide unused Locations if there was at least one Shared Location or some such.

Screenshots are what she see in the mobile app.

Screenshot1.jpgScreenshot2.jpg

Advice welcome.

Thank you.

8 REPLIES 8
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The default Home location cannot be removed. Your renaming it is the best you can do.

devaja
Star
Star

@jguerdat  Ok thanks. That sucks however. Seems like this should be an easy feature to implement just based on some software implemented logic and taking into account all Use Cases of accounts. I don't even see anywhere where a Feature Request can be made.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

You can request it via a post or PM for the mods - @JamesC , @ShayneS or @BrookeN .

I doubt there would be any traction, however, since the latest plan is for each location (Home) to need a subscription. You can have multiple locations in your account, such as your normal home as well as a vacation home, but now each requires a sub. It was supposedly always that way but wasn't enforced.

devaja
Star
Star

@JamesC @ShayneS @BrookeN  This still seems like something that should be possible to do even with @jguerdat 's comments. The Locations all still have paid subscriptions. I'm talking about an account. We have a Shared user account that does not have any set-up Location of its own but is tied to two Shared (and paid subscriptions) Locations and we just want to not see the Default for that account (when logged into that Shared account..."na" in this case) that's never going to be used. Thanks!

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@devaja wrote:

@JamesC @ShayneS @BrookeN  This still seems like something that should be possible to do even with @jguerdat 's comments. 

FWIW, I'm with @devaja.  If a friend account has no cameras, then the extra "home" location just creates confusion.

Maybe an account setting to (optionally) hide empty locations might be a way to address this. 

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

The only way this can be done is having no subscriptions or cameras associated with that location. 

devaja
Star
Star

@BrookeNThat default Location on the account I show you (now called "na") has no devices or subscriptions attached to it. Her account also has no devices nor subscritions attached to it. All it has are the other two Locations I have shared to it as seen in the screenshots. Everything is on my account and those two shared Locations seen.

However we can't remove that default Location that has nothing setup on it (seen here as "na"). All we can do is rename it and try not to select it becuase its got nothing.

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Please contact support. Within the app on your mobile device click on the silhouette on the top left ~ support center ~ the device that you are needing assistance with then choose the issue. Support is open 7 days a week from 6 am ~ 6pm PT.