Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Receiving notifications but no devices shown

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Jtaps
Aspirant
Aspirant

I recently updated my app and when I went to log in to my account all my devices were gone. However, I was receiving movement push notifications. I signed into my husband's account, on my device, and all is fine. He has me added as a "accepted user" on his end. Does anyone have a solution to this? 

5 REPLIES 5
DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

How did you update the app?

Does his login look the same as yours? Do you have a library label in the menu?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Jtaps wrote:

I signed into my husband's account, on my device, and all is fine. He has me added as a "accepted user" on his end. Does anyone have a solution to this? 

There are two user interfaces in the current app.  One shows "Feed" and "Dashboard", the other shows "Library".  "Library" is being phased out - eventually everyone will be running "Feed".

In the meantime, the "friend" account feature only works if both accounts are using the same interface.  If they are mismatched, you need to migrate the account using "Library" to "Feed".  Note this cannot be undone - once you are running "Feed", there is no going back to "Library".

You migrate the account using "Library" by going into "add device", and then starting to add a Pro 5s camera (or alternatively a home security system).  You can't complete this process, since you don't have the the camera.  But you will end running "Feed".

Jtaps
Aspirant
Aspirant

@DannyBearAgain 

The app notified me there was a newer version so I went ahead and updated it. His login is different than mine. I am a "allowed user." When I sign using his user name and password it will sign him off on his device. His home screen looks different than mine now. No, I don't have access to any library. I age tried adding the devices and it just searches forever... never locating anything. If I click on "feed" it is a blank page.

Screenshot_20231004-102927.png

Jtaps
Aspirant
Aspirant

@StephenB I will have him update his app and see if this works. He is currently using the version with "library" instead of "feed."

DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

@Jtaps 

You can always use his login to workaround the arlo interface incompatibility problem.

Might be worth making sure he would be happy to update since he has to battle functionality and display changes as well as incomplete equipment support.