Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Pro 4/Arlo Secure : No recordings for 1/28&1/29 - but There has been plenty of activity

Discussion stats
  • 6 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
pgmbas
Aspirant
Aspirant

I can see the live view of the camera - but nothing is recorded (I checked from app and from web browser - so I know its not the app like last time). Is there a problem with the service? 

The last time I talked to support about the iPhone app not showing recordings, they asked me to try the "record now" option.  Anyone know where that is ?  I don't have a button for that.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
pgmbas
Aspirant
Aspirant

After our snow storm - I put up a ladder and could not get motion sensor to work even 4 feet out. The battery was only in the 25% range (it has a solar panel but it slowly declines over months).  I replaced the battery with a full charged (non-arlo) battery and it is working now.  Maybe it has some power saving mode that disables / interferes with motion detection in lower battery levels.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
pgmbas
Aspirant
Aspirant

I found a camera icon that takes a still shot - not a video.  But the unit is not recording video in response to any motions.

jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

The Pro 4, if set to use 2k videos, won't manually record from live view. You have to force it to 1080p using auto-zoom and tracking (I believe) in the camera video settings.

I assume you mean the camera isn't recording motion. Have you checked your active mode for a proper rule? A new custom mode with identical rules could be used to troubleshoot.

pgmbas
Aspirant
Aspirant

I've made no changes recently.

Motion and auto detection is on.  Auto HDR is on (not sure what that is). I have an activity zone set - but it covers the whole base of my driveway (trying to exclude the road traffic) and I driven in and out and walked through there yesterday.  A snow plow went through the activity zone a few times - I live in CT and we are near blizzard today.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru
dcfox1
Master
Master

@jguerdat wrote:

The Pro 4, if set to use 2k videos, won't manually record from live view. You have to force it to 1080p using auto-zoom and tracking (I believe) in the camera video settings.

You just need to turn off 2K Live setting to Manually record live. It is different than problems viewing 2K recoding's in some browsers. 

pgmbas
Aspirant
Aspirant

After our snow storm - I put up a ladder and could not get motion sensor to work even 4 feet out. The battery was only in the 25% range (it has a solar panel but it slowly declines over months).  I replaced the battery with a full charged (non-arlo) battery and it is working now.  Maybe it has some power saving mode that disables / interferes with motion detection in lower battery levels.