Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Possible to set different notification sounds to different cams in Android Arlo Secure?

Discussion stats
  • 2 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
toptech
Star
Star

Is it possible to set different notification sounds to different cams in Android Arlo Secure?

The version I have is 4.5_28538

Either within the Arlo app or in Android Notification Settings in App Settings?

This is quite necessary for me to have.

There are 4 cams all connected by WiFi and no base. Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
toptech
Star
Star

Thank you for a prompt reply.

It's not the reply I was hoping for tho. My front door camera needs to give me a specific sound so that I know someone is there. And the indoor cams need to be silent as far as notifications are concerned although they need to log and record people movement. And you say this isn't possible. That's a horrifying way to make an app. Cams have different functions in use. Some need to just keep track of activity. Others can be required to provide specialized notifications to let the user know something requires attention. Having everything give the same notification is absurd. I won't bother troubleshooting my cams any further and will request a return. Someone really s*rewed the pooch on this one. Thanks again. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
jguerdat
Guru Guru
Guru

Nope. Individual camera notifications aren't possible.

toptech
Star
Star

Thank you for a prompt reply.

It's not the reply I was hoping for tho. My front door camera needs to give me a specific sound so that I know someone is there. And the indoor cams need to be silent as far as notifications are concerned although they need to log and record people movement. And you say this isn't possible. That's a horrifying way to make an app. Cams have different functions in use. Some need to just keep track of activity. Others can be required to provide specialized notifications to let the user know something requires attention. Having everything give the same notification is absurd. I won't bother troubleshooting my cams any further and will request a return. Someone really s*rewed the pooch on this one. Thanks again.