Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

None of my cameras will record anymore

Discussion stats
  • 14 Replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Retired_Member
Not applicable

I have 2 pro, 1 pro2, 3 pro4, 2 pro5 and 2 essentials. All have been recording just fine but sover the past 2 months they have one by one stopped working. At this point I am paying for a subscription that is useless since none of the cameras record. Over this past 2 months, Arlo support is awful. The keep having me do same troubleshooting steps and sending loads of screenshots. Yet no resolution. They keep opening and closing tickets. They keep telling me they will call me back but never do. I tried to escalate but they keep telling me they are working on the issue....for 2 months???!!! Those incompetent should be fired. Can anyone help? My record button is grayed out, my device add button is missing, my subscription manage cameras option is missing....something is wrong.

14 REPLIES 14
JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

bellc20lex,

It sounds like you may have an active Arlo subscription for one location but not the rest. Are the cameras all in the same location on a single account or are you sharing cameras amongst several accounts? See here for more information: https://kb.arlo.com/000062778/What-are-Locations-in-the-Arlo-Secure-App-and-how-do-I-use-them

JamesC

Retired_Member
Not applicable

Thanks James. Yes all the cameras unable to record are on the same account, same location and same subscription. I do have other cameras for other accounts, but each of those accounts (I have 5 others) only have 1 location and 1 subscription each. This is how i have all of them se lt up to prevent confusion. Those other 5 accounts are working perfect. I did pull two cameras off the bad account and put on my other working accounts and the cameras recorded fine but when I put back on the bad account they again would not record. So I think is a problem with my subscription not the cameras but no one on support believes this is true. They keep having me troubleshoot the cameras and the app. And giving me run around.

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

bellc20lex,

Please send me a private message including the email address for the account that is experiencing the issue.

JamesC

Retired_Member
Not applicable

@JamesC I sent you private message yesterday with my email. Hopefully I did correctly. Did you receive it? Thanks

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

Yes, I did receive your message. Thank you for the information. Your case has been escalated to the highest level and is currently being reviewed by the L3 team. I will request a status update but you should hear back from the team as soon as possible.

JamesC

Retired_Member
Not applicable

I have been told for the past week by several support reps including supervisors that L3 team would call me back in 24-48 hours. Always same scripted answer and promises that someone would contact me with resolution but no one ever calls. I have spent thousands of dollars in cameras and paid several years of subscriptions but obviously I am not a good enough customer to get a call back and get my issue resolved. Arlo seems happy to take all my money but doesn't want to provide me the service I am paying for. I don't understand why basic recording is so hard for a company that touts to be their specialty. This issue has been going on months and months now. How much longer do I have to wait? How much longer do I have to pay for a service I am not getting?

JamesC
Community Manager
Community Manager

bellc20lex,

I apologize for the delay. I've requested a status update on your support ticket and see that it has been escalated to the L3 team. An agent will be reaching out to you with more information as soon as possible.

JamesC

Retired_Member
Not applicable

FINALLY got a call back from Goldmar on L3 team. However I was on a critical international call. Goldmar DID NOT LEAVE A CALL BACK NUMBER. When I called the number that showed up on my caller ID it was the stupid customer service menu that does not let you talk to a person nor let's you transfer to Goldmar with L3 team. So I updated case for them call me back. UGH!!! This "customer service" model SUCKS!! I put in quotes as it serverly broken. If you call someone, LEAVE A GOOD CALL BACK NUMBER. Customers are not sitting by the phone waiting 24x7 for a call from Arlo....we have jobs, families, other obligations!!! Ridiculous. Can someone from L3 call me back and if I don't answer leave a call back number....thousands of dollars spent with Arlo and this is how I am treated. Wow!

Joseph17
Apprentice
Apprentice
Once again Arlo has folks chasing their tails, with no real solutions. Same old canned BS fixes that rarely work and usually don't.
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Finally talked with Goldmar L3 on Friday. He advised they have no callback number. So basically customers need to be available to answer call at Arlo L3 team convenience. Again...wow...terrible customer service. So after some more of same stupid troubleshooting. He had me create a new location. Then proceeds to tell me to set up a new subscription for that new location and will get credit for charge later. Uh...no way as this will be the THIRD SUBSCRIPTION CHARGE I WILL HAVE PAID IN SAME MONTH FOR THEM TO "TROUBLESHOOT". He offered then instead to get back to me with a coupon code I can use so they can troubleshoot more. That was 3 days ago. When can I get off this f'ing merry-go-round. What a joke.

Retired_Member
Not applicable

Finally received the coupon code after 3 days...Surprise surprise, even after activating a new subscription, the same issues still exist under the new location. Still not able to record. Ugh....2 months now and unable to use my thousands of dollars in cameras. Buyer beware.

Retired_Member
Not applicable

L3 team cannot figure out. So now they are proceeding with canceling my subscription, deleting my account then recreating my account. This is some crazy poorly written code. Sad that the only fix is deleting everything and starting over. That means there is so much spaghetti code and/or poorly created data structures that even those that maintain the system cannot figure it out.

Retired_Member
Not applicable

Ok I just may have inadvertently stumbled upon my own "solution". In preparation for L3 team to delete my account as last resort to fix my issue, I left all the locations that had been shared with this account (there were 8). Now magically the recording is working on the 1 camera that I had left on the bad account and my missing buttons showed up. Again my guess is this is because of spaghetti code, misused database keys including poor updating and/ or hard coding. I.e. hobbyists building applications

bellc20lex
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ok. Goldmar L3 had me delete and recreate my account. That was the final solve. Although might have also worked with removing and re-adding all shared locations. I still think was confused on back end with old/bad linkage.