Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

No rolling cloud storage for legacy cameras

Discussion stats
  • 4 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
lywaz
Apprentice
Apprentice

Recently I killed my Arlo Secure subscription because of Arlo eliminating email notifications. Before killing it I contacted support and was told very clearly, "Agent: I would like to inform you that you will have 7 days rolling cloud storage on old model legacy cameras. The plan is required only for new model cameras." 

So of course now that the subscription is gone... no cloud storage for my legacy cameras, and I can't get any "support" because I have no subscription. And I thought they were awful already... what a joke of a company.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

How many legacy cameras are in your arlo account, max is five before you need a subscription.

If you have less then you should remove the later model camera that needs a subscription to confirm you start getting legacy recordings back then add the new camera back again to be able to live view it since arlo cloud storage has to have a paid subscription plan.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

How many legacy cameras are in your arlo account, max is five before you need a subscription.

If you have less then you should remove the later model camera that needs a subscription to confirm you start getting legacy recordings back then add the new camera back again to be able to live view it since arlo cloud storage has to have a paid subscription plan.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@lywaz wrote:

Recently I killed my Arlo Secure subscription because of Arlo eliminating email notifications. Before killing it I contacted support and was told very clearly, "Agent: I would like to inform you that you will have 7 days rolling cloud storage on old model legacy cameras. The plan is required only for new model cameras." 

The agent gave you the correct information.  Are you sure you have legacy cameras?  Essential, Pro 3, Pro 4, Pro 5s, and Ultras are not legacy, and all require subscriptions.

lywaz
Apprentice
Apprentice
Worked like a charm, thank you.
lywaz
Apprentice
Apprentice

Stephen, yes my legacy cameras are just that - old Pros (not Pro3, Pro4, etc). Danny had the right solution for me - delete the Pro3, the feed was once again populated with videos from the older cameras. Added the Pro3 back in, the feed on the legacy cams still works, and as expected the app whines that the Pro3 needs a subscription.

Thanks to you both.