Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

New update for deleting videos?

Discussion stats
  • 18 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Boatboy
Aspirant
Aspirant

Until the latest update, I could choose a single device to delete videos from (we have several Arlo devices).  Now I can only delete videos from ALL devices at the same time?  That's a huge step backwards considering there are a few we need to keep, and we don't want to have to delete each video from each device one at a time from each device.  Is there a way to delete videos from one device only with this horrible update?

18 REPLIES 18
BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

If you click on feed you can delete the videos one at a time by swiping left. If you click on the three dots within feed on the right hand side you can click on manage events and then mark the ones you wanted deleted. Or you can go under devices, click the device you want and then delete the videos under each camera that you are no longer needing. 

Boatboy
Aspirant
Aspirant

My app is not giving me those options.  It only allows me to delete each video individually by clicking on the 3 dots next to the video, or I can go to privacy settings and delete videos there - but this option is all or nothing (it will delete all videos across all of our devices, there is not an option to delete videos from only one device).  Before the latest update, I could choose which device I wanted to delete all videos from; and I could delete all of that device's videos at one time.  The latest update took that option away.  Also, it does not allow me to choose a device and then select which videos to delete from that.  I can now only delete each video one by one or all videos across all devices at once (no option to choose which device or which videos).

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Boatboy wrote:

My app is not giving me those options. 

If you go to the "Feed" page and press the three dots in the upper right, are you seeing "feed settings" and "manage events"?

You can select one camera in the "Feed settings", and then use "manage events" to delete the recordings for that camera.  You can select all the recordings for a given day (so it is a bit more work if you need to delete them for a lot of days).

Boatboy
Aspirant
Aspirant

I'm not finding "Feed", "Feed Settings", or "Manage Events" anywhere.  I've checked all of the menus and drop-downs . . . unless it's in a sub-menu that I'm missing.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Boatboy wrote:

I'm not finding "Feed"

Are you seeing "Library" instead?

Boatboy
Aspirant
Aspirant

Yes, I do see Library.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Boatboy wrote:

Yes, I do see Library.

Ok.  Both @BrookeN and I were assuming you'd been updated to the newer "Feed" user interface.

Unfortunately I can't look into your issue, since my own account is now using "Feed", and there is no way to switch it back to "Library".  Hopefully someone using "Library" will chime in.

Boatboy
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you.  I appreciate you responding to my question.  Hopefully someone will be able to help.

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

In the Library there is an option for Filter, in iOS that's at the upper left corner. Then select the camera you are wanting to delete the videos from. The you can select all the delete all. Make sure you choose the dates just in case you do not want the newer ones deleted. Let me know if this works. 

Boatboy
Aspirant
Aspirant

I just checked.  There is a filter option on mine (android); but once I choose a camera, it then only gives me an option to Reset Filters but nothing else.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Boatboy wrote:

I just checked.  There is a filter option on mine (android); but once I choose a camera, it then only gives me an option to Reset Filters but nothing else.

If I recall correctly, there is a "select" button that you need to press.  Then you can choose video to delete (including "Select All".  "Select All" is limited to the filters you set up.

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Click on the funnel icon ~  Under filter choose camera ~ Then the device ~ then delete the videos you are wanting deleted. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@BrookeN wrote:

Click on the three dots ~ then feed settings ~ the choose the device and then you will be able to choose the videos you want deleted. 

@Boatboy says that his interface is "Library", not "Feed".

Boatboy
Aspirant
Aspirant

I didn't remember seeing a Select or Select All button, so I just checked on that - and I don't see that anywhere . . . I only see Reset Filters, nothing else.  I tried hitting the Reset Filters button thinking that might bring up other options, but it didn't.

Boatboy
Aspirant
Aspirant

When I click on the funnel icon, it only gives me the option to reset filters.

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Was you able to get your videos deleted?

Boatboy
Aspirant
Aspirant

Individually, no.  By device, no.  Only if I delete ALL videos from ALL devices at one time.

BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

There is no further steps I can provide. Once migrated to the new user interface the behavior you are seeing should be resolved.