Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

MILITARY DISCOUNT YEARLY SUBSCRIPTIONS

Discussion stats
  • 3 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 In Conversation
Veteran805
Follower
Follower

I received two brand new Arlo Pro cameras and base for christmas from a friend who bough them a few years ago.  He never opened them or used them.  Having difficulties hooking up base.  First said it was online. Tried syncing cameras but guess it failed even though light sequence looked good. No base says off line. trouble shooting procuedures didn't fix problem.   I do not want another subscription, especailly at the prices ARLO has listed which are outrageous when you add up monthly costs for 12 months compared to other brands of security cameras.  I have used RING since day one and pay $80 a year for 2 cameras and doorbell camera. 

Started new thread as others I read are closed due to inactivity. 

Why doesnt ALRO offer military discounts on subscriptions?  You would think they would want more customers than to push them away with excessive monthly charges.  I pay less for NETFLIX and amazon prime combined than what it would cost for 4 cameras from ALRO.

I am not going to subscribe to another security camera company unless it benefits my familiy and has less of a total yearly cost.  I was interested in buying 2 more cameras and a doorbell camera, but after looking at arlo videos on youtube, reviews on internet and difficulties setting up two simple cameras I think I will givei these two cameras I have to somebody else.  I cant afford to pay $100 a month for security cameras, especialy when my home and cars all have their own alarms that are free. 

Please consider offering military and government discounts for yearly subscriptions. 

UNHAPPY Retired Veteran.

3 REPLIES 3
TomMac
Guru Guru
Guru

The Arlo Pro is a legacy camera which requires no subscription and still offers 7 day free recording storage.

( tho they are being phased out ... see EOL letter https://kb.arlo.com/000063018/Arlo-Legacy-Cameras-End-of-Life  )

As you have stated all your trouble-shoot hasn't worked...

I would recommend taking all the cameras off if able and reset the base... then start as if new with a new account under new name/pw

It would still be a free account and may solve some of you issues for the time left on the cameras.

--------------------------------------
Morse is faster than texting!
--------------------------------------
BrookeN
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

We do offer Military Discounts on our devices, however there is not a discount for monthly subscriptions. I will pass this on to our team for a feature suggestion. Thank you for your service! If there is any other questions, please let me know. 

RJ694
Initiate
Initiate

Have 5 cameras. Was going to buy more. When my last subscription expired, I got a notice that my new costs would be $13 per month. No Veteran's discounts. 

I'm bailing out. Will add to my ADT Nest with no additional monthly fees.

You're welcome.