Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Long put off upgrade query . . .

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
Minburn57
Apprentice
Apprentice

Have used VMC3030 cams - 5 of them, with a 3030 base for almost 8 years now.  Still going strong despite some issues c. 2021 or so . . . and my departure from the headache of the forums/Q&A's at that time . . 

But now needing a 6th cam and trying to get my head around the options and possibilities.  And its as challenging as anything 'Arlo' can be . . 

So tell me, if I purchase say a Pro 4 and set it up with a single camera subscription, does it show up when I log into my account to view the existing 5 cams, or are their 'two' network environments now with separate access and such . . . one for the 5 cams, one for the new cam?

I might not have presented that as well as could be, but again . . . . I'm tapped at the onset getting my head around this.

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

If you’re 5 legacy cameras are working for you I would suggest you stick with them. It doesn’t cost you to have cloud storage or granted sharing but you are limited to 5 unsubscribed legacy cameras per account.

Stick to using the older UI library interface, recommended to not upgrade to the newer UI feed interface. This occurs for pro5/home system/gen2 cameras which are not even compatible with any base/hub.

In fact do not update the app anymore since arlo is silently removing existing features.

Adding another camera will result in a lot of pain, losses of legacy cloud storage etc if your unsubscribed. You get a trial subscription period to show how well they work then it all stops.

If your interested in dabbling, suggest you create a new arlo account with another email and add the new camera to see if it works ok for you. If not then you can remove it and take back to the store for a refund.