Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Brendafromsp
Star
Star

Since ios17 was introduced the notifications of the arlo app are hardly audible because apple has changed the default sound of notifications to one with a much lower volume. This makes it impossible to hear notifications while sleeping when people trespass our property. Arlo : when will you build in a custom sound possibility for notifications. 

Without this change our home security system is almost useless. 

Best answers
  • _Rocky_
    Star
    Star

They have, you need to update your apple device to IOS 17.2 the then on your device go to settings, sounds, default settings then choose the sound you want to use for arlo, also make sure on your arlo app you have chosen default OS tone.

• Brendafromsp
    Star
    Star

If you update to the latest version of iOS you have a wide range of sounds to choose from for your notification sound, there are some that are louder. For me I’ve chosen to use the suggestion that was mentioned where Siri tells the message. It is the best audible in the night. In the day time I either have to change the Siri options or mute my phone

• ArloBob1
    Guide
    Guide

IOS 17.2 is available NOW!  

This fixes the issue of notifications that are not loud enough.

Do this:

1) Download and install IOS 17.2

2) Choose SOUNDS & HAPTICS

3) Choose a loud sound that you like

4) Go to the ARLO app, click on your profile (upper left on the dashboard)

5) Choose notifications

6) Make sure the Notification Tone is set to "DEFAULT OS TONE"

ArloBob1_0-1702351119036.pngArloBob1_1-1702351216526.pngArloBob1_2-1702351387082.png

192 REPLIES 192
rbford
Initiate
Initiate

Early this morning my iPhone was updated and now the tone for push notification alerts has changed and is so faint I can barely hear it. I have spoken to arlo support who told me it was an iPhone issue and apple support told me it’s an arlo issue. Meanwhile I have a security system that is useless because I can’t hear the alerts. Anyone else having this issue? Thanks in advance for any help. 

ArloBob1
Guide
Guide

Did you see that Arlo added 2 notification sound choices to the app in the latest release.  I would like more options, but this is great!

ArloBob1
Guide
Guide

 Thank you Arlo.  Much appreciated that you added two tone choices directly into the Arlo app.  

IMG_3510.jpeg

Renniks
Aspirant
Aspirant

Updated the app still no way to change sounds for notifications 🔔 

Apierma
Aspirant
Aspirant

good finally thanks!!! we are all happy, but why only two inaudible sounds and not also a siren type alarm tone or the same telephone ringtone, so that we can get rid of Iftt which is now also paid thanks

Rcardenas
Aspirant
Aspirant

The new notification tone. Is this the best solution you can come up with? The two choices to select from is barely a notch above the ios17 tone. I’m very disappointed, I would think Arlo would’ve come up with a tone customers were asking for. I don’t know if I plan to stay with Arlo. 

ArloBob1
Guide
Guide

A louder tone and/ or the ability to control the volume would help even more, although volume control of notification tones may be controlled within iOS and not the app.

_Rocky_
Star
Star

I have found the updated sounds work great.

Try deleting the Arlo App on all of your devices and then download the app again.

derekhallman
Aspirant
Aspirant

Ever since the new iPhone update my Arlo notifications have almost no sound, can’t change it for whatever reasons, it SUCKS!!!!!!!!!, something needs to happen soon to fix this issue. Either Apple or Arlo needs to get on this immediately!!!!!!

ArloBob1
Guide
Guide

Download the latest version of the Arlo app and choose one of the two new in app notification tones.  Both are better than the new default tone in iOS 

Scott4419
Aspirant
Aspirant

We want a tone that actually gets our attention and is loud and disturbing enough to alert us during the night!!  Give me a mean barking dog or a Warning Voice alert. These available tones we can choose from are far too soft and passive. 

Ej911
Aspirant
Aspirant

New sounds are different but still too quiet. You must have sound already high on phone to hear and still not loud enough.   Please fix

Jdunn1985
Initiate
Initiate

Arlo, this new notification options (Marimba/Vibrant) are absolutely useless! This problem should not be "solved." The point unhappy customers (including myself) have been trying to make is that there needs to be some type of alarm-like ringtone option, so that if we can be alerted to an intruder while we are asleep. It needs to be a ring tone type alarm, not a different sounding and quiet notification like marimba or vibrant. A REPETITIVE ALARM SOUND. Like an alarm clock notification. We need to be startled.

Please listen to us! This is a security risk!  

Rcardenas
Aspirant
Aspirant

Im not happy with the new  option notification tones, however; I’m now utilizing my Amazon Echo by my bedside. Now at least I will be able to raise the volume to a level I will. 

Booster2001
Initiate
Initiate

The two new sounds are still not loud enough. Bring back the old alert tone or something similar asap. I need something that wakes me up in the night. The new tones won’t do that. 

MrA2u1
Apprentice
Apprentice

Sorry, but this is not a solution. I had (on IOS) and still have a personalized Arlo alert tone on Android. Allow us to create a personal tone for IOS. That's the solution.

1000001373.png

Dergible
Tutor
Tutor

The two additional tones are about as lame as the OS default. 
Looking into another security system    

LandJS
Mentor
Mentor

No these two sounds are not a solution barely being any louder than the apple tone even with phone volume at max.  After reading through all seven pages it is clear Arlo hasn't changed as I'm reminded how more than three years ago I spent 5 months with support when Android wasn't getting notifications and Arlo kept blaming Android.  Even after I went to the Android people myself and found out why ( a required step wasn't being followed to send them on Androids)  Not until it finally went to those actually programing and I explained it to them did it get taken care of and has worked since.  Now my wife who uses Apple is ready to dump Arlo.  Since these complaints have been going on since at least Sept.  Yup - same old Arlo story.

MadMax302
Guide
Guide

This isn’t solved. The alerts still aren’t loud enough. The alert needs to be a louder, longer tone. It’s a step in the right direction but definitely not “solved”

ArloBob1
Guide
Guide

Finally, Apple to the rescue.  They will be fixing their notification f*up in iOS version 17.2, so look for the release soon.  You will be able to choose your own notification tone.

IMG_3592.jpeg

noctum8
Initiate
Initiate

I have the same problem. Because the new notification sound is not significant enough and should be a longer sound to hear it during sleep. 

Before I had a good solution with email notification, but this notification no longer works.

Arlo should find a longer and significant sound for notification, if not this security is useless. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

I believe iOS 17.1.2 lets you set the notification sounds back to iOS 16

TLCS
Initiate
Initiate

How to do change it back to the sounds from IOS 16

_Rocky_
Star
Star

If so can you please explain how to do this on IOS 17.1.2 ?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@_Rocky_ wrote:

If so can you please explain how to do this on IOS 17.1.2 ?

I double-checked - it is in iOS 17.2 beta, so not in iOS 17.1.2.  Sorry for the confusion on this.

The release of 17.2 is expected quite soon - it is already in the 4th beta.

If you are so inclined, you can install the beta now- see

Though personally I'd wait.