Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Discussion stats
  • 5 Replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 In Conversation
Nabbie
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hello,

Here is the issue:

- Situation: Both my parents and I have Arlo cameras. They shared their devices with me so i used to be able to see their cameras in my app. I added Arlo security to my system yesterday, which changed/upgraded the app. 

- Complication: Since installing Arlo security, I can no longer view their cameras. We sent new invitations, which i was able to receive but somehow their cameras just won't appear anymore. I researched and it seems it's because my app upgraded and theirs did not. One of the solution provided was for them to upgrade to Arlo Secure. I checked their plan and they already have Arlo Secure plan. So i am at a loss on next troubleshooting steps. Any idea? Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Nabbie wrote:

I checked their plan and they already have Arlo Secure plan. So i am at a loss on next troubleshooting steps. Any idea? Thank you.

They can migrate their account to "Feed" by going into "add device" and starting to add a Pro 5s camera.  Obviously they can't actually install it, since they don't have one.  But the process will prompt them to migrate to feed.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

Shame you upgraded the app, both you and your parents need to have updated together.

Nabbie
Apprentice
Apprentice

I didn’t see an option not to. I wasn’t asked either. It occured the moment i added the security hub to my Arlo account. Is there an option not to upgrade? Is there a workaround? I read couple of threads on the topic and it referenced a potential move of everyone to the new app. Does anyone know if or when will this occur? 

DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

While we wait for arlo to make the app useless for everyone, if you need to have friend access you can get your parents app upgraded by having them try and install the security hub which forces the upgrade to happen.

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Nabbie wrote:

I checked their plan and they already have Arlo Secure plan. So i am at a loss on next troubleshooting steps. Any idea? Thank you.

They can migrate their account to "Feed" by going into "add device" and starting to add a Pro 5s camera.  Obviously they can't actually install it, since they don't have one.  But the process will prompt them to migrate to feed.

Nabbie
Apprentice
Apprentice

Oh wow, that totally worked, thank you so much! The fix you provided was super easy to do and it's back working like a breeze. You saved me a lot of headache, thank you so much!