Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

I've removed Granted users but they can still see the camera

Discussion stats
  • 9 Replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 3 In Conversation
Asknrobson
Guide
Guide

I've removed members of my family from viewing cameras by request, but they can still see the cameras.....but they don't appear as "People" in my settings anymore. However in geofencing when setting "Arrive/Leave" I can still see at least some of their devices are listed but I can't remove them. So yes....I'd be very worried that old listed devices still have access to viewing cameras. In my case they definitely do and Arlo have been told. I'm just lucky it's family.

A very insecure security system and pretty concerning about who can see what!

9 REPLIES 9
Asknrobson
Guide
Guide

I've had exactly the same experience!

Asknrobson
Guide
Guide

What about the devices not listed? There are people seeing my cameras that were removed (pretty horrible to think of that right?) but I can still see that their devices are there when looking at geofencing in automations but they don't appear in Geofence in the Privacy Centre.

Also, with the update I can edit the name of my device but none of the many others that are sitting in the list.

This is terrible.

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Asknrobson 

Can you provide screenshots of the devices/People in the Privacy Center > Account > Available Geofence devices section & The Add Arrive/Leave > Edit When section?

You can send via PM if you like.

Thank you 

Asknrobson
Guide
Guide

Screenshots as requested. 

IMG_4499.png

IMG_4498.png

At least some of those listed in the People Arrive/Leave can see vision from cameras but they are not in my People list or on the Geofence device list. This is pretty bad. 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Asknrobson

Are the previously granted users able to live stream your cameras?

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Asknrobson 

Are you able to verify if the granted users can still live stream your devices after being removed as granted access users?

Asknrobson
Guide
Guide

Hi ShayneS. These are not “granted users” and yes they have confirmed they can still live stream the cameras as of yesterday. 
They had been granted users in the prior app version but were removed and reported they had no live stream ability. I then changed to the new app and they now have live stream access again but I didn’t give it to them  and I can’t remove their access. 
Please work out this serious privacy flaw asap. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

I agree it is a serious flaw.

Have you tried removing a previously shared camera from the account, and then readding it?

If that doesn't help, then a workaround would be to create a new account.  You could need to cancel your subscription and resubscribe in the new account though.

If the family members don't have their own Arlo cameras, then of course they could just delete their Arlo accounts.

Asknrobson
Guide
Guide

Thanks for trying to help. 
I went through the painful process of removing all cameras and re-adding them…..without success. 

The people who should not have access can still see the camera vision, their devices are still wrongly listed in the People Away/Leave automation, but they are not listed in Geofence devices under the Privacy section and I still have no way to remove or control their access. 

Deleting the location account and then rebuilding it again seems like the next step but I’m dreading what this does to my Arlo account and billing. 
This has been a nightmare and reflects the quality of the beta testing of the app. Pretty careless to release a security camera app with such a serious security flaw.