Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Help with Arlo secure subscription

Discussion stats
  • 18 Replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 7 In Conversation
DisgustedDeb
Follower
Follower

I have had zero success with Arlo support, so I’m coming to the community. I have been a happy owner of three Arlo pro three cameras and two security lights for a couple of years now. Enter the doorbell. We’ve hooked up the Arlo doorbell and went through the seven day trial. I understand that I need a subscription to now view video footage. Without the subscription, the doorbell is useless, except as a doorbell. It offers no added security. so, I sucked it up and went ahead and subscribe to the service for 1799 a month. Inside the Arlo app, I can see all of my devices and I can see my subscription. Inside the app, it tells me I must go to the web  to attach my devices to my subscription. I can follow that simple instruction so off to the web I go. I login, no way to enter my cameras. I go for support chat, as this is the only way to get support from Arlo. They are completely useless. They are telling me that I have to climb on the outside of my house at three stories, to get the camera down to get the serial number to add it to the subscription. Even if that was accurate, I see no place to do so on the web.  If I can see all of my cameras in the app, which is attached to my account, and then I can log into my account, why doesn’t Arlo see my cameras there? It’s the same email address. There is only one email address attached to the account. It is the same user information. So for the love of God, can someone please explain to me how to get my subscription to see my cameras so that I can pick and choose which ones I want recording? 

thank you in advance, and sorry for the long rant, but I am extremely frustrated right now. I have spent half of my day off with support, and them having no understanding of what it is I need.

18 REPLIES 18
DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

To manage camera subscriptions, on pc web login my.arlo.com go to the settings/subscription/manage menu click on the doorbell and drag to the subscription. You can’t use a web browser on a mobile device, has to be a pc or laptop.

JohnAri
Aspirant
Aspirant

I have never been so frustrated.  I have 4 cameras.  One is a wired doorbell.  After my trial period, I subscribed to Arlo Secure for the doorbell to see how well it works.  I might add Secure to my other cameras.  I have literally spent hours with Arlo support/chat to no avail.  Yes, they were worthless since nothing was fixed!  I went through the instructions.  I meticulously went through the instructions given in Why are there no recordings in the Arlo Library.  It shows that I do have an Arlo Secure subscription for my doorbell, and it should be recording!  I feel that I am a prisoner to Arlo.  I purchased and installed 4 cameras.  If I cancel from Arlo, I have nothing and lose the money I spent.  I have pleaded for help and offered to let them remotely connect to my PC.  No response!  Any help will be appreciated.

JohnAri
Aspirant
Aspirant

I went to My.Arlo.com on my PC.  I logged in.  I went to Settings.  I scrolled down to Subscriptions, but it was in Gray shaded print and clicking on it did nothing!  I clicked on Arlo Secure and it showed 1 of 4 camera(s) participating.  I then clicked on Arlo Secure and it then showed Arlo Secure Single Camera, with Doorbell below it and directly under Doorbell was the word recording in Gray shaded print.  The other 3 cameras were listed under No Plan!

I don't know what to do!

DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

@JohnAri ,

On the mobile app go to settings/support and select the doorbell device to see if the subscription is active, if so you should see what support entitlements you have to phone them.

JohnAri
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for the response.
When I go to the mobile Arlo app and go to settings on the doorbell device  it doesn’t show any subscription. 
However when I am on the app and click on the settings all the

way on the bottom and then subscriptions it says Arlo Secure single camera (1) on 1.  Then it says 1 of four cameras participating. 

DannyBearAgain
Master
Master

When you have the arlo mobile app open, select  the settings page then select support page to show a list of your devices. Choose the doorbell device to open the support details that should give you a phone number for support.

JohnAri
Aspirant
Aspirant

When I do what you say it does show I have an Arlo Secure subscription for my doorbell. In support it shows chat and community. Phone is in gray and O can’t see a number and nothing happens when I try to click on it. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@JohnAri wrote:

Phone is in gray and O can’t see a number and nothing happens when I try to click on it. 

Phone support is only available between 6 am and 6 pm US pacific time.

Rockhaiti06
Aspirant
Aspirant

How to use 

ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

@Rockhaiti06 

Can you provide more detail regarding the issue you are experiencing?

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@DisgustedDeb wrote:

They are telling me that I have to climb on the outside of my house at three stories, to get the camera down to get the serial number to add it to the subscription.

Since the cameras are in the app, then you can gather the serial numbers from the device info in the app settings.  So no need to do any climbing, unless you want to reset them for some reason.

@DisgustedDeb wrote:

I can follow that simple instruction so off to the web I go. I login, no way to enter my cameras. 

Are you using the primary account (where the cameras were originally on-boarded), or are you using a shared "friend" account?  The subscription needs to be purchased from the primary account.

Since you have a subscription, you are entitled to phone support.  You can't get it from the app, since the cameras aren't yet in the subscription plan (a catch-22).  I'm tagging the mods ( @JamesC and @ShayneS ) so they can assist.

Kaypressnell
Aspirant
Aspirant

I don’t know how to get subscription 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Kaypressnell wrote:

I don’t know how to get subscription 

Are you in a country where Arlo offers a subscription?

If you are, then you can purchase one using a PC browser (logging into my.arlo.com).

Rockhaiti06
Aspirant
Aspirant

Purchase new subscription but cannot see any recordings from the app

Rockhaiti06
Aspirant
Aspirant

I purchase the new subscription on the wrong account (not main account).  I did not purchase on the main account.  How could I make that subscription transfer to the main account so I can see the cameras recordings.

Rockhaiti06
Aspirant
Aspirant

I purchase the new subscription on the wrong account (not main account).  I did not purchase on the main account.  How could I make that subscription transfer to the main account so I can see the cameras recordings.

JohnAri
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you all my problem has been resolved through the help of the community. 

StephenB
Guru Guru
Guru

@Rockhaiti06 wrote:

There are two options:

1. cancel the subscription and get a new one in the primary account.
  2. remove all the cameras and bases from the primary account, and onboard them again to the shared account.  Add the cameras to the subscription plan, and then share the cameras back to the original primary account.